An unexpecting surprise

When we both got to the house Rebecca and Marcus was outside. Lilly and Emma were on the porch playing.

"What's the rush??" Marcus said when we finally stopped running. We panted for air. We caught our breathe.

"Rebecca... Can I... Go... On the... Run... With Darryl... And... Maggie???" I said between breathes.

"Who all is going with you on the run? I couldn't understand what you said." Rebecca said. I stopped and  slowed my breathe down. 

"Maggie, Darryl and Carl if I go." I told her. She thought for a while.

"When will yall be back?" Marcus asked. I struged my shoulders to say that I don't know.

"Ok you can, but you have to have all your weapons. A changed of clothes and something to eat. Ok?" she said.

"Yes ma'am she will." Carl said. We both ran into my room.

I got extra amo I have. Got all 4 of my knifes. A pair of ripped dark green pants and a crop top that was black that saids show your colors.

I went to the kitchen and got some bags of chips. Then we went to Carl's house.

"Im happy you get to go with us!" Carl said. "So am I." I told him. He turned around from putting stuff in his bag.

He stood there for a second. Then he put his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I threw my arms around his neck. We stood like that for a second. Honestly I liked the position.

Finally he pulled me all the way to him and hugged me tight. "Cheyenne you know I'm so glad you said yes to me." he told me right next to my ear. "Yes!" I whispered next to his ear.

We hugged for a minute. Then we pulled away. He went back to working and putting his stuff in his bag.

Once he finished we started walking to where Darryl said he would be. We threw our stuff in the back. Then we went and helpped Darryl and Maggie.

We got all the stuff in the car. Then we were ready to leave. We all got in the car, Carl and I sat in the back and Maggie and Darryl sat in the front.

We went through the gate and went on our way.

-------------------------------

Its been about 2 and a half hours. We have wiped out three houses and 1 store. I grabbed what I needed like clothes, perfume, pads, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.

Now we are headed to one last store. Its located about three miles away. Carl and I are just chitchatin and we feel Darryl mash on the brakes.

"Carl, Cheyenne get down!" Darryl said. Its about moon dust outside. I look ahead nothing. I look beside us nothing. I look to the other side which is wide open like a paster. Then I feel Carl pull me down into the floor.

"What was it?" he ask. I looked at him. "A herd." I whispered to him. He nodded. "Yall two get confortable. We gonna be here a while." I hear Darryl say.

The car is very big roomed so Carl goes and puts his head on the door and puts his feet out. I move over to it beside him and do the same thing. I feel myself slowly slipping into a sleep.

********************
***Authors note***

Sorry didn't post yesterday. Hope you like it will try to post again today. Vote and comment. Hope you like enjoy.