michael's family- chapter 4

next day

we went back to the big white mansion. this we went to a room with huge circular wooden table. joseph came in and talked about our marriage and then he produced marriage licence. where did he get that from?. i thought it wasn't legal to get married at 17?. joseph looked at me

"these have been altered in this license you are aged eighteen"

"what?".

after that joseph, michael and the other men went there was only a woman left. she was very beautiful and she looked like someone but i don't know who. she came towards me and smiled then it struck me she looked like michael, this must be his mother.

"i'm michael's mother"

i held my hand out but she ignored it and hugged me instead. then we sat down and started talking.

"katherine what is going on between my father and joseph?"

"you see your father and joseph are both gang leaders. your father's gang is the jets and joseph's the olympians. joseph had just marked a territory when robert came and claimed it as his own he built his house there. joseph was furious he wanted to kill robert but your father made a deal with him. he would give you in marriage to michael and his debt would be paid."

suddenly a girl around my age burst into the room

"mother-"

she looked at me

"oh sorry i'm janet michael's sister".

katherine went out of the room i was thinking about what she had said. janet started talking to me i told her about michael and me.

" hey it's okay you two are going to be staying here for the rest of the week you can stay in my room"

"really?"

"yep"

i got up and hugged her.

later on i moved my stuff to janet's room she was so funny and entertaining and soon i forgot all about michael