❤b e a r❤

enjoy x

And the morning I left Hannah's and went to the coffee shop back near my house was the morning that things began to change.

Back in Sydney, the weather was cold and raining. So I decided to go grab a drink. There's a loud crack of thunder just as I step into the small, warm shop. It's empty. Only two old ladies sat at the back flicking through their magazines at the back in front of the fire pit. They even wave me over after I grab my coffee.

"Say," the one with the floral dress on. "My grand daughter talks about you."

"Oh, mine too, Jen. Mine, too," the other said.

"Never stops." Jen said as she reached over, pats my knee and sinks back into her seat.

"I'm sorry," I say. "What?"

"Darling," the one with the crocs on, "have you not heard? You're on the front page of the newspapers. Look for yourself," she slid a thick paper roll to me.

I unwrap it. She isn't wrong. "It's all over the place. Yes, my grand daughter always talks of you. Wants to know who you are,"

I read the paper once more. CALUM HOOD FROM 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER, NEW GIRLFRIEND?

"No." I say. "No, I'm not. He's my best friend from high school and we got separated -"

"Oh, love," Jen snorts. "It's fine if you're dating the young teen. It'll be between us three,"

"I'm really not -"

"Mind you, I wouldn't mind him. Seems like a nice bloke," The other lady taps her chin, before handing me another newspaper. "There. You take a look at this one,"

"Read it out, go on."

"Okay. 'Calum Hood, heart throb from 5 Seconds of Summer, or 5SOS, was recently caught by the paps down in Sydney. But not alone. Hood, spotted in a park, giving a girl a piggy back, then heading to a ice cream parlor before eating together, was caught. But that isn't the end. Paps then noticed Calum was taking her to a block of units where Hood was rumored to be living. Photos were soon released of Hood and the girl outside of a door. As Hood kissed the top of her head and left, most social media was wondering the same thing: who is the girl?'."

"See. C'mon, don't tell me that isn't you."

"It is - but I'm not dating Calum."

"Mind signing that for me, eh?" Jen asked, and hands me a black sharpie.

"What? I'm just -" but I do as she said, and grab my cup, sprinting from the shop. It was raining, but in all honesty I couldn't care. And as I get to my car, I fall into a deep puddle, soaked. "Ugh!" I groan.

"Sorry," there was someone else there? It was so foggy, raining so heavy, I couldn't see anything. "I didn't see you coming."

"It's my fault, I should have looked where I was going. I'm in a rush, I've really got to go," I say, and the boy pulls me too my feet. "Thank you."

"No problem. I'll uh - see you around?"

"Maybe," I say. "See ya."

And before I could chat some more, I began to run to my car, where I got it, revved it to life and sped down the road. I was tugging at my jacket when I'd parked underground at the apartment block. Then, stripping my socks and shoes off and dumping them in the back seat, I sprint towards the elevator, where I swiped my card to get in.

He was so going to pay.