|| calum's pov ||

"Why does it even matter, Cal?" Luke asked, collapsing on my couch. Mike follows him, and Ashton goes to my fridge. "I mean, what's so bad about it?"

I scoff. "Uh - it's a boy, sleeping in Bear's unit," I almost shout, "do you know what could happen?"

"Wow," Michael said sitting up. "Never knew you had feelings for her."

Ashton laughs from behind me. "Look," I say my cheeks turning pink, "I don't have feelings for her, okay?"

"Okay." Luke smirked.

"Whatever," I say and walk to the balcony door sliding it open. "Anyway, she can do whatever she wants."

"How does she know him?" Michael called. "Do you think they're like, a couple?"

But I stop listening, I just blankly stare down into the pool, at two people. Of course. I ignore the fact it's Bear and that other guy, and head back inside. "How would I know?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

I was jealous, I admit. But I don't know why. Bear is just...I don't want to loose her again.

"I need a minute." I mutter crossing the room and heading out the door. I sigh as I pace towards the elevator. It takes far too long, so I lean back against the wall, thinking. Why was I jealous of Bear? Is it because I really don't want to loose her again? But...my feelings to Bear are just so odd.

The elevator opened, and I look up hearing the 'ping'. There, standing with his hands on her face and lips pressed to her lips was that ass. "Hey, man!" I yell, yanking them both out of the elevator. "Get off her!"

He pushes me back into the wall. "Don't touch me!" He said. "And since when is she yours?"

"I never said she is mine! Dude, I've known her way longer than you, and I -"

"Shut the hell up!" We both look at Bear. "Neither of you are mine. Cam get your stuff and sleep somewhere else, Calum...just back off, yeah?"

Luke, Mike and Ash appear and come towards us, looking confused. "What's going on?" Mike asked. "Why are you guys all yelling?"

"Shut up, why don't you? It's nothing to do with you." Cam said pointing a finger to Mikey's chest.

"Hey!" Luke said and pushed Cam back, so he wasn't touching Mike. "What gives you the right to talk to him like that? What's your problem?"

"Shut up!" Bear said and throws her hands up in the air. "Just stop!"

"No, Bear! You be quiet, okay? -"

"Don't you talk to her like that!" I yell, and Bear looked at me, her eyes with no feeling, her body small.

Sometimes I remember the day she left. It always keeps me up at night, my heart sad. Sometimes I even cry about it. I mean, if Bear hadn't of ever came back, I'd be lost. I'd be gone, and miserable. And I remember when I stopped talking to her. We didn't skype, we didn't text, no, we just forgot each other. It just happened. One night we got sick of each other and we started screaming over the phone, and she said I hate you and I said don't call me back, and she didn't. I think the yelling is hurting her.

Once I snap back into reality, that's when I noticed Ashton was on top of Cam, about to punch him. I dive forward, yanking him back and Cam scrambled to the wall. "You're all idiots!" Bear yelled, and slapped Cam across the cheek, "go home!"

I look at her, not knowing what to say. Ashton stood beside me and Luke and Michael were near Cam. "Bear, I'm sorry - I -" Cam began, but Bear just raised her hand like she'd hit him again and he pressed himself against the wall, shutting his eyes tight.

Then, she dropped her hands beside her and makes her way back to her apartment, throwing a bag or two in the hall and shutting the door behind her. We all stay quiet. None of us talk. Cam grabs the bags and takes the elevator to where ever he goes. "We'll go now," Luke murmured and Michael and Ash follow him in the elevator. I throw myself against the wall and slide down, picking the carpet.

I'm so messed. What the hell even happened? Nothing. We were just idiots who started a fight. Yes, that was it. But I stay on the floor for a while longer, trying to think how to say sorry. Maybe I should start with Bear, I don't know. Then I start to remember how she said she hates me, and just then, when she said shut up to us so many times, and how angry she was at me. I didn't realize I was crying until I felt the tear drop against my arm. Pull yourself together, I thought, running my fingers through my hair.

I shook my head, and wiped my eyes with the backs of my hands, hard. I didn't feel the need to go back into my unit, but I didn't want to sit on the floor forever, so I just go inside, anyway. My phone is ringing on the couch, and I grab it right before the last ring. "Hey," I say without checking the caller ID.

"Dude you sound like you're crying," It was Ashton. I swap hands with my phone as I scribble down a drawing on some paper that was on the bench. "We were thinking you should just leave Bear. Like...for good."

I almost hung up. I press the pen down hard, and draw a massive line as I swipe the pen across the page in anger. "Who says that?" I ask, annoyed.

"Cal," Ashton said, "it's for the better, okay man?"

"No," I say quickly, dropping the pen and crossing the room to yank the bedroom door open. "No way."

"You know how bad that looked, don't you? First she gets taken away, then you take her out in public and she's all over the social media sights and now you get in a brawl with her mate." Ashton said slowly. "You're an idiot."

"Hang on," I say throwing myself onto the bed. "You're the one who was about to punch him, not me."

He doesn't say anything, so I had to continue, "I'm seeing Bear if you like it or not, and I won't stop." I was about to hang up but then I add, "we're infinite."