Chapter 2

Jay watched as Koko ran and sat on a rock, she held the canteens and set them down shakily. He passed a bowl of fruits and meats to her, then taking his own and starting to eat. She took her own food and started to eat, but was awfully quiet.

"Something wrong?" Jay asked as he finished.

"Oh... um..." She stuttered.

"Ko?" He saw the fear in her eyes.

"I saw a crocodile around.... who knows what else could be here?" She sighed and got up.

Jay bit on his lip, it wasn't that he was afraid, after living in the jungle for 3 years, he wasn't really afraid, but what he really was afraid of was Koko, he didn't want her to be afraid. He climbed into a hut and grabbed a stone dagger from there, he put a cloth around it and put it in his pocket. 

"Going hunting Ko, you can stay," He told her.

She nodded and started to clean up, often times, Koko would stay to clean up, get ready for the night, she would cook many times. Sometimes, she would make things like clothes made of hides, or blankets with whatever she could find.

Today, she was going to do just that. After cleaning up around the place, she sat around and started to cook with the things that Jay had hunted the days before. Koko watched as Jay left her to what she was doing.

Jay looked back at his friend, he worried about what was happening with her. Often, she would tell him to chill, that she would be fine. He went out and about, thinking about what he would find today. In Africa, it got really hot, and often, Jay would find little critters around, sometimes monkeys, zebras, or other things. Most of the time he would catch fish from the rivers nearby. He would find fish that could last them a long time, and he would be happy every time that Koko cooked the fish.

Today, he went out of the jungle to the savannah, he still recalled the day that they had gotten left behind, he remembered the guide of the group telling them: This place is known for their lions around. Be careful.

---------------------

I hope you enjoy this chapter! Tell me what you think and tell me what I can do to improve, but do it quickly, I only have until August 30 to write this!

Do you think they will find a lion?