Chapter 3

Jay lay down in the tree house, he looked up to see Koko with a wet cloth, pressing it to his arm. He winced in pain, but stayed, he could bear the pain, just barely. Koko wet the cloth again and held it to his arm. With her other hand, she reached for a bandage roll, taking the cloth off, she wrapped the bandage around his upper arm, the bleeding now covered.  Jay closed his eyes, remembering the dreadful memory. 

~*~

~Hours Ago~

Jay looked out at the field, he saw a bird, one he knew he could catch. He hid in the dry grass, nearby to the flock around the weak bird. He waited for the perfect moment, waiting for that perfect moment to catch his next meal. He spent a few hours there, waiting, being patient. He'd learn how in the 3 years he had been doing this. 

Behind him, a soft growl and rustle in the grass. Jay turned around to be face to face with two big yellow eyes. It growled softly, moving closer. He stared at the golden fur, soft paws, and sharp claws. 

The lion leaped towards Jay, knocking him down. It didn't land on top of him, but did leave a scar on his arm. He scrambled up and ran away, clutching his upper arm in pain. He turned back once more, the last thing he saw was the mane of a wild beast.

~*~

Jay opened his eyes to see Koko tending to the wound, he felt a sharp pain up his arm. He clenched his hand, trying to get through the pain. Using the foods around her, Koko had made a soup for their dinner. She sat him up and passed him the bowl of soup, Jay took it from her, staring at the bowl.

"This is bigger than usual." He said as he took a spoonful.

"Yeah, I made the soup for us, but you're the injured one, you finish it." She smiled and watched as he swallowed.

He looked at her confused. "No, you should have some." He said setting the bowl down.

"It's alright, I already grabbed myself a banana and some mangos, you eat the soup." She replied.

"Fine." Jay knew there was no fighting her, so he just did as told.

Koko looked out the window at the moon, then back at Jay. "Do you think we'll ever get out of here?"

---------------------

Enjoy! If you did tell me! You're almost done reading!!! Tell me what I can work on!

Do you think that Koko and Jay be stuck there?