Chapter Five: The Accident

"Hannah! Hannah, are you okay?" I shouted as I ran into her room. She wasn't talking. She was sleeping... I think.
"Oh mom! What happened?" I asked. I was very panicked. I hope Hannah is okay.
"She got into an accident. As she was turning, a transport went through the red light and hit her." She answered as tears prickled in her eyes. I walked up to Hannah and gave her a hug. "Is she okay?"
"I'm not sure. She is unconscious. Oh I'm so sorry Allie" cried mom. Logan was standing beside me, unsure what to do. He grabbed my hand. "It's okay Allie, it's okay," he said softly. Logan pulled me into a hug as tears streamed down my face. Logan and I stayed with Hannah for a few more minutes, staring at her pale, freckled face. I put the rose on top of Hannah, wrapping her fingers around the stem. We then left when a nurse came into the room to check on her. When we got home, it was 10:00PM. Hailey greeted Logan and I at the door.
"Where were you guys? It's really late!" She asked.
"Well, first we were at the flower field, but then mom texted me that my sister was in the hospital. She got in a car accident and she's unconscious." I started crying. Hailey gave me a hug. "Oh Allie. I'm so sorry. I will always be here for you." She said. "How were the kids?" Logan asked.
"The kids were great. They just seemed to argue a lot." Complained Hailey.
"Well thank you so much for babysitting for us. We really appreciate it." Stated Logan. We said goodbye and Hailey went home. I was very tired. I sat on the brown leather couch and started to watch tv. Charlie our puppy jumped up on me and started licking my face. He always makes me happy. Charlie kept licking me until I smiled. He is always concerned about our family and wants to make everyone happy. I continued watching tv until my eyes shut.