Chapter Thirty-One

We are moving our POV’S to the people in California in this chapter. Completely. So there won’t be Macy, Harry, Eleanor, any of them. Only Joy, Aaron, Hannah, and Olivia… maybe a few others.

Hannah’s POV

“Ivan, you can’t do this to me, please don’t go!” I was crying. He found out my secret I found out about months ago. I told Joy first, she was the only person I could trust. I stopped talking to Ell-I mean-Macy ever since I started dating Ivan, her ex.

“No. Hannah, Jesus! I’m just a kid myself! How can I raise one? Huh?”

Worst mistake I’ve ever made was not listening to Macy and dating this jerk. Stupid. Heartless. He’s kind of ugly, too now to think of it. How could I ever like him? How?

“How do you think I feel?”

And he was out the door. My parents didn’t know, and my own brother doesn’t know. Older brother or younger brother. They weren’t home right now. I skipped school saying I was sick, and Ivan did just to be with me.

When he said he loved me, I believed him. Macy warned me. I didn’t listen. Gosh, she probably hates me now. I decided to wipe away my tears, clean up my makeup, and walk over to Joy’s house to get my mind off of what was growing inside of me for a while.

“Joy, he just left me.”

“Isn’t Ivan the one Ell-I mean-Macy got all depressed and sad over?”

“He’s a terrible person.”

“Didn’t Macy warn you?”

“I’m scared.” I finally admitted, looking up at her green eyes. She put her hand on my cheek, shaking her head.

“You’ve got to tell your parents, dear.”

“But they’ll kick me out of the house! They trusted me!”

“You could stay here for a while.”

“Really?”

“Well, for a little while at least. We are going to be moving.”

“To where?”

“Florida.”

I’ve never been to Florida.

“Oh. Why all the way across the country?”

“Aaron has a job there.”

“Oh.”

“You’ll be fine. Knowing them, sure they’ll be mad. But kick you out of the house? Heck to the no.”

“Oh. Okay. Macy had a baby.” I said, looking down at the counter. I was expecting her to say, “I knew that, did you hear her name?” But to my dismay, she spit her water out, hitting me in the face, as she quickly apologized and got me a towel to dry my face off.

“When did this happen?”

“She had the baby a week ago.”

“Boy or girl? What’s it’s name? Harry’s or somebody elses? What did her mother say? What did his mother say? What do the boys think? What do you think?”

“Girl. Annabelle. Harry’s. Her mom was mad, but she was okay I guess. His mom was upset with him. The boys are in love with the baby. She’s cute, but Macy’s ignoring all my calls.”

“Girl? Annabelle is a beautiful name! And thank God it’s Harry’s why did I even ask it? And good I’m glad the boys are in love with the baby, why is Macy ignoring you?”