Gasoline

He grabbed three tanks of gasoline from the closet and set them down in the middle of the warehouse, next to the metal chair. He calmly walked over to his backpack and carried it to where the gasoline was.

       When he poured out the items in the bag onto the floor, his heart dropped in his chest.

       Letters, drawings, old second grade homework, and slips of paper with addresses written on them all fell out of the bag and onto the floor. Yoongi shakily tossed the last letter on the ground next to the others. He got onto his knees and slid the papers into a pile a few feet away from the chair. He still refused to look up at Jimin's face.

When he was finished, he stood back up and walked over to the tanks of gasoline. But before he did anything, he looked around at the warehouse, taking deep, shaky breaths. The sun was hardly shining through the cracks now; a pink, orange, red, and yellow sunset could barely be seen outside.

'If Jimin can do this, so can I,' he thought to himself.

Yoongi turned back towards the tanks and grabbed one, opening it and pouring the liquid all over the floor. He quickly grabbed another tank and ran around the building, splashing it on the walls. He didn't even care if he got the sticky, transparent liquid on his scarred skin or faded clothes, he didn't even bother to wipe it off.

When the tanks were all empty, he walked back to his backpack. Digging into the pouches on the side, he pulled out a small lighter and flipped on the flame. But he didn't throw it onto the gasoline just yet.