Mask

Yoongi stumbled over to the metal chair and stood next to it. Looking around, he knew that once this place lit up in flames, there was no going back. It was going to look just like his old house in Daegu. His heart hurt thinking about it, so he stopped thinking and cleared his mind.

       Just as he was about to toss the lighter onto the floor, his eyes drifted up to the body hanging next to him.

       Hands shaking, he took his left hand, the one closest to the body, and held onto Jimin's hand.

And he held on tight.

And didn't let go.

Even if Jimin couldn't do the same.

       Yoongi stared at the lighter in his hand, and slowly, he turned his head and finally let his eyes drift up to Jimin's face.

       He found himself lowering the lighter, flipping it off completely. Upon Jimin's face, there was a mask. It was a basic, white plastic mask that you could find on a mannequin, perhaps.

But it wasn't smiling.

It didn't have a straight face.

It had a frown.

       Yoongi stood on his tip-toes and reached his hand up, shakily yanking off the mask from the boy's face.

And underneath the mask, there was a smile.

-

It wasn't a fake smile.

It wasn't a big one, either.

It was a small, genuine smile.

One that didn't even show his teeth.

Just the corners of his lips pulled into a small grin.

And for a second, this made Yoongi's heart flutter.

       He looked down at the plastic mask in his trembling hands and flipped it over. He was shocked to see three words messily written in sharpie on the inside.

"You Found Me."