Rommel

My girlfriend and I were in the store one day shopping for the apartment. As we were leaving out, I saw this lady putting stuff in her car and I just couldn't help but look. She looked a little older but she was beautiful. Keep in mind, I'm with my girl but she wasn't paying me much attention because she was on the phone.

    A couple of weeks go by and my girl sends me to the store for some milk. As I'm walking in the store, the lady from before was walking out. She had a basket full of bags so I asked her if she needed help putting them in her car.  She looked me up and down, smiled and said 'yeah'. As I'm putting the bags in the car, I can feel her watching my every move. Once I finished, I asked if she needed help with anything else, she said no and tried to offer me money. When I declined, she pulled a card out of her wallet and gave it to me, telling me to give her a call if I ever needed a favor before she got in her car drove off.

    On my way home I realized I'd never gone in the store and instantly thought about my girl and started feeling a lil' guilty. I knew for a fact that she'd never cheated on me and any dude that would try to holla at her, she would shut them down. Even though the woman had only given me her number, I still felt like if the roles were switch and I found out she got another dudes number, I would flip the fuck out. But as long as I'm careful and don't slip up, how would she know?

    I waited a few days before I texted the lady for the store. It started out as basic conversation, you know, 'what's you name?', 'how old are you?', 'what do you like to do for fun?', shit like that. Well, it didn't take long before basic conversation turned into sexual conversation. Before I knew it, we'd set a date to link up and everything.

    I went to her house and when I got there, I noticed pictures of her and a man on the table. Now, I never paid any attention to the ring on her hand until that moment. I looked up at her and asked 'you married?' and she said 'yeah but my husband won't be back for about three weeks'. I told her that that was something she should have told me from the jump. Like, forreal, what if her husband found out? I don't have time for the drama. I told her that and she told me ' what if your girl found out, then what? We're good baby, as long as we keep this between us.'

    I started feeling guilty when she said that because I thought about my girl. She was at home cooking, cleaning for me while I'm out here fucking with someone else. But, once again, all the thoughts of my baby went out the window when the woman started kissing on me and taking my clothes off.

    This became almost a daily thing for us and I was starting to like the feeling of dating a married woman. It was like I have a girlfriend and this woman was married which meant I didn't have to constantly text or call her and it didn't require a lot of time. When her husband was home, we didn't talk and when he was gone, we did our thing. Perfect. As for my girl, it was like I just partying my boys on the weekends. They already knew what time of day it was. 'Don't answer no questions', that's our motto.

    My relationship with this woman lasted about five months. One day she called and she was talking all over the place- she was pregnant. My first response to her was 'it's not mine' and she told she went to the doctor and she was six weeks so I did the math. As I thought back on it, I remembered around that time a condom popped on us. Instantly, I thought about my girl, who I'd just proposed to a few weeks before, and my heart broke into a million pieces. It was a possibility that I could be having a baby. The woman told me not to worry about it; that she was going to tell her husband they were having a baby whether it was mine or really his. At the time, I'm like fucking right, that's good. I'm about to end things with her and my girl will never have to know. I thought wrong. Her husband wasn't as stupid as I'd hope and neither was his family.

    The day the woman went into labor, I was in the kitchen cooking with my girl and I got a phone call from an unknown number so my girl answered it and put it on speaker. The man on the phone said that he was the woman's husband and then said 'I check my wife's phone and your number popped up a lot when I was gone'.  When he said that, my heart went to my ass and I could've shit myself when he said 'my wife went into labor and I'm getting DNA test. If the baby isn't mine, you need to step up and take care of yours'.

    The whole time, I'm watching my girl as she heard everything. We were a little more two months away for the wedding and, looking in her eyes, I could see the hurt in them. I stood there waiting her to react. Hell, I'll even admit I was lil' scared because she still had the knife in her hand from when she was cutting the peppers before dude called. She put the knife down and walked out of the kitchen. I followed her to our room and watched as she packed her clothes. I just stood there because there was nothing I could do at that point. I mean yeah, I could go in the room and say I'm sorry but what good would that do? So I just gave her her space and left.

    When I came back, she was sitting in the living room waiting for me, I knew I had to face her eventually and answer all of her questions; I owed her that much, at least. We talked and even after I pleaded and pleaded, she didn't want anything to do with me. That night, I watched the person I knew I'd spend the rest of my life with walk out the door without a second glance.

    About a week or so later, the woman called me and told me I had a son.