Chapter 2

What is going on? Where am I? How did that paramedic know my name? I'm so confused...

I glance around my surroundings and see that... Well, all I can see is white. And by white, I mean, you're-gonna-go-blind-if-you-look-at-it-too-long white.

"Where the h*** am I?!" I scream.

I run my hand through my dirty blonde hair for, like, the millionth time since I got here. Wherever here is.

"Now, young lady! We do not use that kind of language here!" A short, older woman says.

I roll my eyes.

Normally, I would never have been so rude to anyone, but nobody will tell me a d*** thing that's going on!

"Ma'am, could you please tell me what the h*** is going on!" I hiss, ignoring her lecture about 'no cursing' 

"Hold on now, child. What is your name?" she replies calmly

"Elizabeth Stewart, but who are you?" I say with a clenched jaw and the feeling of heat rushes to my face.

"I'm Mrs. Brown, leader of Halfway Point. Could you tell me who your guardian angel is?"

"Huh? Wait... You're telling me I have a guardian angel?" I marvel.

"Why, of course you do, dear. Most people only meet their gaurdian angel here, at Halfway Point, others at the place where... They... Um... Died," She says, whispering the word died.

"Okay, okay. Hold up. You're telling me that I'm here," I do a hand gesturing around me, "At a place called Halfway Point. And the only way for someone to be here is if they...," I swallow hard, "If they... Died?"

"Well... If you put it that way... Then, yes," She explains.

I furrow my brows and shake my head vigorously.

"No. No freaking way am I dead!" I wailed.

Then, a man in a black shirt that showed muscle and a pair of black slacks. He is rather handsome. I wonder who he is...

"Mr-Mrs. Brown? Umm... I kinda have something I need to tell you..." He squeaked.

How could a man who looks so tough, be so scared of a lady who looks like she wouldn't hurt fly?

"What is it now, Zeke?" Mrs. Brown spat.

The man-Zeke-balanced on the balls of his feet, swaying back and forth.

"Hey! You're that strange paramedic who knew my name in the crash!" I blurted.

"Uh-oh..." Zeke muttered.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Stewart, it looks like this," She gestures to Zeke, who is a colour of red I never thought I would ever see a person turn, "... Is your gaurdian angel..."

She covers her face with her hands and Zeke looks like he's about to pass out.

"And... That would be what I wanted to tell you about..." Zeke gulped.

"Please tell me you did not bring the wrong person. Again..." Mrs. Brown griminced.

"Uhhh... Oops?" He said, but it sounded more like a question than an apology.

"Seriously, someone tell me whats going on? Who is that idiot? What did you mean when you said 'bring the wrong person'?!" I hissed.

"Well... You see..."

Haha, cliffhanger! Hope y'all are enjoying this! Remember: READ, VOTE, and COMMENT! Bye, Pansycakes!

-Love, Emily                                                                                                                                                                              Be brave