[ Confrontation ]

"Peter?"

I jolt up, surprised that I am still in Neverland. 

How did I even get here? 

I quickly observe around once more and almost fall off the bed upon finding a sleeping Taehyung behind me. I grasped on the blanket and hear Peter chuckle behind me.

"Don't worry, Irene. Taehyung's sleeping."

I look at Peter, raising a confused eyebrow as to how everything is at it is right now. 

Wasn't I just standing in the middle of the dark forest with Taehyung? Why are we here right now? How did this happen?

"I understand your confusion, Irene, but this is Neverland. Anything is possible."

"I don't understand." I spat back, tightly grasping the thin sheet of soft blanket. My heart is still racing from what had happened from before. 

"The mirage that you are awake in right now is in my own world. Before, you were in Taehyung's dimension. The Taehyung in my dimension does not know what had happened in his own world, but only that you do now what had happened."

It took me a moment to comprehend what Peter is trying to say. Can that actually happen in dreams?

I feel something shuffle and I slowly turn around, seeing Taehyung's figure slowly get up. 

"Irene? I ... was waiting for you to narrate me bedtime stories, but I already fell asleep." Taehyung grins, oblivious to the fact that he didn't remember what had happened before. My heart beat paces up and I grip on tightly to the bedsheets. 

What is going on?

"Irene? Is something ... the matter?" Taehyung asks with no hesitation, slowly approaching my way when I jolted up from the bed again. Backing away from Taehyung, he looks at me in confusion and if I'm not mistaken, hurt. 

Taehyung's attitude differs from the one that I've seen on the first day and what happened earlier. The way he talks resembles a bit like a little boy who wants full attention from his Mother. The way his body posture is so bent as if he's a frail young refugee. 

I look to my right, but found that Peter's presence is no longer in the room.

"I-Irene?" His voice cracks a bit and I felt my chest twinge in ache. Slowly leaning off of the wall, I approach Taehyung with no regrets inside me. If what Peter had said was true, then did this Taehyung actually not remember anything at all? 

How did the occurrence of us sleeping on the same bed even happen at all?

Standing in front of the worried Taehyung, I could not muster any courage to speak a word to him at all. Everything about Neverland has rendered me speechless ever since I've gotten here. Is this what'll happen in the future events in order for my lost identity to change? Is this what I really want?

"Irene?" He takes a hold of my wrist, tearing my thoughts away. 

I would've instinctively jerked my arm away from his grasp, but I didn't. I didn't even think of slapping his hand away. The tone in his voice sounded so soft, even if his voice was originally low and rough. The grip latched around my wrist was loose, yet I could still feel his skin in contact with my own.

Hesitantly sitting on the edge of the bed, I tried keeping my gaze towards Taehyung without breaking down. I am facing with a different Taehyung that has a different personality in Peter's dimension. 

I am still not able to comprehend on how such idea could manifest into a simple understanding, even if this was a dream and that anything is possible. 

My mind wasn't able to wrap around that sort of idea.

"Taehyung?"

"Yes?"

"Do you remember what happened before you went to sleep?" I spoke out without thinking twice about the consequences that might come forth. I'm already more than eager to know what had happened when I was 'awake' at the other dimension. 

Taehyung slightly tilts his head to the side. 

He inhaled in a large amount of air and before I knew it, my head began to pound out of the blue. My eyelids felt heavy as blobs of darkness intensify. Taehyung's mouth is moving, yet there are no words or sounds that could be heard. 

"Tae-"

[End of Part 1]