Prologue

It was a Wednesday morning and I heard the "beep beep" of my mobile alarm, I look at the time and groan rolling out of bed as I approach the bedroom door I hear a dull thud, I gasp quietly and quietly open the door and peek out.
I can't see anything in the dimly lit hallway as I move my body out of the bedroom door leaving it ajar and I creep up to the living room door and try to listen but don't hear anything else. After a while I sigh and make my way back up the hall to the bathroom, opening the door I pull the cord next to me and the shower sparks into life slowly steaming up the small bathroom whilst I turn towards the hamper and grab three of my fluffiest yellow towels and place them within reach of the shower.

I hear another thud only louder this time, as I get out of the shower being careful not to slip on the floor I wrap the bath sheet around me and head for the bathroom door, there should be no noise as I live alone and don't have any flat mates. I try to listen when to my surprise I hear, muttering not quite being able to make out what is being said I quietly open the door, as I do so I feel a searing pain up my spine and into my head, I feel dizzy and need to hold onto the doorframe to steady myself. As I go to open the door my
limbs feel heavy and I can hear more voices a man and a woman speaking almost bantering, it's at the point I lose consciousness and feel myself falling, waiting for the thud that comes with passing out I feel nothing but something solid and a hazy male voice above me saying "It's okay Iona, I have you now, you're safe" and at that point my mind goes blank and just as my vision goes black I see an impeccably tailored charcoal grey suit.