Chapter 5

"Iona, where are you? I am coming to take you home, back to where you belong" I freeze in place what is he talking about Home? I am lost in thought, Hades and Petronella are standing a little way from me talking in hushed whispers, when a hand encircles my wrist and another over my mouth a warmth against my back and a whisper in my ear "Don't make a sound, I am not here to hurt you, I am simply doing my job Close your eyes." Felling like I am under a spell I do as he tells me when I hear him shout "Hey old Man! Better keep a closer eye on her" then before I know it the world surrounding me warps and a light so bright I can see it beneath my closed eyelids then nothing I fall as I open my eyes I see I am on grass luscious green grass and my first thought is they must have a great gardener "Really Iona? The first thought you have is gardening?" I turn to see my captor has left I am alone I look up and start to move as I start to climb up the grassy hill I come to a castle it is huge my eyes open widely as I see a man in front of me almost bathed in a heavenly glow, his long golden hair moves slightly in the breeze he appears to wear a crown and he is beautiful very very beautiful he is flanked by 12 other beautiful ethereal beings all handsome but less so than this "King" he smiles down at me and extends his hand before he speaks "Iona, welcome I am the king of the heavens" at that instant I curtesy and now my head he puts his hand on my hair and I look up, he looks kind of familiar. I slowly speak "Am I dead?" He smiles as if he is laughing and takes a step forward he pulls my face close to him and stares into my eyes as if searching for something I feel as if I am being pulled into his eyes they are like blue whirlpools and I see them sparkle I pull my face away and clear my throat when I look again we are in a very regal ornate room and the kings entourage has disappeared. I step back suddenly afraid how did he do that? Where am I? Where were Hades and Petronella? It's not until he looks at me before I realise he was speaking to me. He smiles a soft smile and I apologise " Sorry this is all just a bit much, could you repeat what you said please?"
The king speaks again "Iona, I know this is a lot to take in but I wanted to explain myself in person, 50 years ago I fell in love with a beautiful woman we were together for a while, when she fell pregnant I had been called back to the heavens and she took that as a betrayal and when she gave birth to the child she unfortunately died during childbirth, the woman contained the spills of the Olympus goddess Aphrodite and Aphrodite's soul passed to our child, however the child is also my child and has stars in its eyes, that child is you my dear!" He said it matter of factly I was stunned. But he carried on "We have been searching for you since you were a child, we had no idea where you were or what your name was but just recently we received intelligence from a double agent named Logan posing as Cupid for Olympus, he found you and tried to get you before those Olympus gods did but they beat him to the punch so he had to take drastic measures to get you back to your rightful place, you are the goddess of karma, for so long the world has gone without karma humans hurting others without getting their due. It will be your job to restore balance to this world to punish the bad and reward the good."