The Bad Boy's Everything

Before reading:

Please keep in mind that I am not a published author, nor am I a professional. So if there are any minor change-ups such as a character's last name or a particular feature that I screwed up, please comment on my mistake.

Also: There will be mature content throughout this story such as sailor language (cursing) and some sexual content here and there (but it's rated pg-13 for a reason)

I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! Please vote and add to your library.

***

                                                           Prologue

I was insanely sensitive, interminably shy, and an ultimate wimp!

Now to the million dollar question: Why the hell did I stop Avery Louis from beating the crap out of some poor guy in the student parking lot?

~~

It had been raining since the beginning of seventh period and after the bell rung signaling the end of the school day, the ongoing hail-like rain stopped me from going straight home; so I spent the next hour and a half in the school library.

An unexpected tap on my shoulder caused me to jump a little in shock and pull out my heaphones.

"Sorry honey, but I'm gonna have to close up."

Ms. Parks, the school librarian, shared an unspoken respect for me. I knew that because if it had been any other kid sitting where I was, nearly ten minutes after the library should've been cleared out, she would've been ranting about having her own life outside of the school and whatnot. However, she somehow knew that would have crushed my spirits and that I may not have ever returned due to the eternal embarassment.

I nodded, closed my copy of The City of Bones, and stood up from my seat.

"Do you need a ride home?" She asked me as I got up to collect my things and stuffed them into my backpack in a slight rush to get out of her hair.

Slipping an arm through a strap of my Jansport, I puffed away a few strands of my hair from my lashes then smiled timidly at her.

"No. I'll walk." I murmured, not daring to look her in the eyes.

Without giving her a chance to protest I speed walked out the door and into the second floor's main hallway.

I always had to take the student parking lot route out since my house was closer that way.

There were still a few rain drops dripping from buildings around me and the air had gotten extremely chilly compared to south Florida's expected spring weather and I kept mentally cursing myself for not wearing a thicker hoodie and for not checking the weather forecast.

Since I didn't bother to put back in my headphones in my haste to escape from Ms. Parks, I kept hearing shuffling and heavy breathing and it wasn't until I turned a particular corner that I knew why.

There, Avery Louis was straddling a lanky kid who was definitely not in his weight class, throwing crazed punches at the boy's weak shield over his face.

My heart hesitated then started beating like an unstoppable drum roll.

They didn't notice me so I could've just tip-toed away from the scene if I wanted to. However, the size of Avery's victim somehow reminded me of my twelve year old brother who had gotten jumped after school a few months ago and the mental relation caused something within me to stir.

"Stop," I said, but I might as well have been speaking in a packed concert audience.

A sense of anger flared within me as the visual of him continuing to pound on my brother blurred my vision.

My heated steps guided me closer to him. "Stop!" I yelled and shoved him away from my brother's trembling body.

Avery must've been completely caught off guard by my intrusion seeing the way my girly push actually landed him on the ground.

His eyes were wide and so were mine.

To make thing worse, reality slapped me when I realized that the guy he could've easily landed in the ER was not a twelve year old boy and definitely not my younger brother.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

My body coursed with complete and utter fear at Avery's shouting.

What is wrong with me? Why did I do that? Why did I have to mess with him?

Nothing could explain how terrified I felt as he began to approach me in his menacing aura filled rage.

I was scared out of the world at what he could've done and that's what probably led me to have that massive panic attack.

~~