Part 2

Hello! 

******UNEDITED******

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning....

She woke up late, she doesn't like sleeping in. She usually is a morning bird, always up before the first chirp.

During her shower, a feeling that something wasn't quite right wrapped around her instead of the towel. She shook it off, thinking it's because her body isn't used to the late start. 

The uneasiness settled back when she was making her cereal. It's starting to aggravate her. 

"Morning, sweetheart," her mother says sweetly while kissing her daughter on the cheek. Out of both of her parents, her mother fakes her care the most. 

Rose mumbles morning back and continues on with her cereal. 

"You're up kinda late, everything alright?"

She pours the milk in. "Peachy," she replies as she places the milk in the fridge. 

"Your father told me the events of yesterday." She casually tries to make small talk while preparing some coffee but Rose knows she is snooping. 

"All of it," she questions with a mouth full of Fruity Pebbles. 

Her mother, with a pointed stare, nods a yes. 

"Decent," Rose says with chewed Fruity Pebbles in her mouth. 

"Rose, show some manors." She cracks an egg and lets the yoke fall onto the sizzling pan. 

They are silent, no one says anything. Usually, Rose enjoys the silence, but today, it's just adding to her uneasiness. 

"Where's dad?" She gets up holding her bowl of milk in her hands. 

"Right here," he says as he walks into the kitchen after flipping the News on the t.v. "Something wrong?"

She wonders why all of the sudden her parents are asking this. After years of barely any conversation spoke between her and her parents, she wonders why now? "Nope," she pops the 'p'. She tunes into the news. 

"So, Rose, I was thinking of-," her mother gets cut off. 

"Shh." The uneasiness gets worse. Dread. 

"Rose, don't shush me." 

Her hands clench the bowl. They turn white from the pressure and lack of blood. Panic. 

Her father glances at the t.v. in the living room when he notices her breathing fast- the perks of having an open floor plan. 

   "Police are not sure if this was attempted murder or accident. They are investigating." 

The news anchor takes a breath and continues reading from the paper between his hands. 

     "Mrs. JoAnna Henderson was released from questioning early this morning. So far, the police are keeping information private."

The bowl slowly begins to slip from her fingers as the next bit of information is read off. The uneasiness remains while disbelief creeps up. "No," she whispers.