Part 4

Hello again! 

This is the ending...

***UNEDITED***

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rose sits in her car. She fiddles with the phone in her hand. It's not hers...

Out of most of the things Kohl taught Rose, she values being a thief as an important one. From day one, she had a knack for utilizing the moment. For studying people. From day one, Kohl noticed she had patience and was observant, the key to a successful thief. He used it to his advantage and Rose was nearly unstoppable. She did it for him. She loves him. 

The phone rings for the tenth time. It's Kohl's mother. Anger flares her blood pressure, why didn't she visit her son? she thinks to herself. 

Knowing it won't be long until Jesse realizes his phone is gone, she starts her car. 

Her decision on fixing things is final, there's no turning back. She just needs a plan to go about it. 

The phone rings again, she's annoyed but suddenly she gets an idea. 

Ignoring the call, she shoots a text to Kohl's mother. Her plan is in action. The boat landing is where it's all gonna happen, hours from now. 

***

Rose pulls her car up slowly to a parking spot. She decides walking the rest of the short walk will be better. 

She digs through her glove compartment until her hands land on the sleek Beretta M9 handgun. It's her dad's. She smiles as she pulls the gun out and stares at it. The metal glistens in the moonlight. 

"I'm going to fix this, Kohl. A promise is a promise," she whispers. 

Loading the gun, she checks the safety and gets out of the car. She glances around making sure no one followed or is coming. It's dark though and not looking hard enough, listening to the wind, was her first mistake. 

Casually, she walks to the landing. She's here, she concludes when she sees a small body by the shore. Rose pulls out Jesse's phone and texts her. She tells her to go by the bridge. 

Rose holds back the urge to laugh at the stupid woman and begins to follow quietly behind her. She has no idea, Rose thinks to herself with a smug smile.

Not continuing to check her surroundings is Rose's second mistake. 

"You know, I would've thought you knew something was up when 'Jesse'," she air quotes his name even though she can't see Rose yet, " didn't call back."

Kohl's mother jumps slightly. Fear courses through her nerves, it's just the beginning. "Where's my husband?"

Rose finally lets a laugh out, " ex-husband, dear."

"What?" Kohl's mother is genuinely confused. Surely, the two talked about getting one but they never went through with it. 

"Don't play dumb." She pauses, " but I guess you can't help it," she laughs a dark, cold chuckle. 

"Where's Jesse?"

She taps her chin with the tip of her gun, " you, know," she watches as Kohl's mother takes a step back. She smiles. She loves the feeling of other's fear- of being in power. "Jesse hates texting, doesn't he? I'm surprised you didn't think something was up. But here I find you, watching the waves. Not a care in the world, calm as can be. Where's your guard?"