Part 3

Hello, everyone! 

******UNEDITED******

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She still loves him, even after finding he does drugs. Even after lying to her for months, years maybe. She still loved him. Nothing could change that bond. Your first love was always something you remember, whether good or bad. She loves him. 

Love is wicked like that. Makes one look past the bad and straight to the good. In this case, the worst thing Kohl has ever done is lie to her about why he ditches her for his mother, so she thinks anyway...

She loves him and nothing could change her mind about it. Nothing. And she'll go great measures to prove it. That she will, even if it kills her. 

****

She wakes with a jolt. Disoriented, she wonders where she is but soon remembers when she hears Kohl's heart monitor beeping. As her eyes come into focus, she wipes the drool away from her mouth and looks at their intertwined hands. She misses him even though he is right beside her. His voice, eyes, dry humor, jokes, she misses him emotionally. 

"Do you love him?" Jesse's voice is hoarse, he's drained. 

"What kind of question is that?" She doesn't look away from Kohl, she wants him to wake up. 

"Do you love him?" He repeats, rubbing his eyes and sitting straighter on the couch. 

Finally, she looks to Jesse. With a sigh, " more than anything," she says while squeezing Kohl's hand. 

"Have you told him?"

She scoffs and flashes him the bracelet with the rose pendants on it. There are two, should be three, marking their years together. "Three years. He never got the chance to give me the third one. I'm sure by now we have confessed our love." 

"Have you?" His brow raises. He was shocked to hear three years, Kohl never told him about her until talk about a possible divorce. A littler under a year ago. Though, now he knows why Kohl has been asking for the rose pendants his mother gifted to him every birthday. He always thought Kohl took them as a last minute gift to his own mother. He was wrong. 

Rose gives him a pointed look and looks back to Kohl. She doesn't have time for irrelevant questions. She's grumpy from lack of sleep and misses Kohl greatly. 

"Three years, huh? So why didn't you get the third one?" Casually, Jesse stands up to stretch but watches her carefully. He can tell she's begging Kohl to wake up. He admires her love for him. He can also tell she was willing to do anything for him. He wasn't sure if it was the same for Kohl. 

"Our anniversary dinner was the night this all happened." 

Jesse blows out a breath, " that sucks." 

"Things will be fixed," she mumbles. 

"Huh?"

Turning her head toward him, she smiles sweetly, " nothing." 

With a raised brow, he moves to the window.