Chapter 4 : Hello Again

You walked through a valley filled with Buttercups, wind blowing through your Dark (Color) hair, the sun shining down on you...it felt nice...

The wind started to pick up, pushing toward you harshly. You positioned yourself to a more firm stance, keeping your ground. The wind started to twirl in a tornado formation taking a patch of Buttercups up in the air. You moved out of the way of the wind and watched the Buttercups fly up to the sky.

The sky started to darken and the stars had appeared along with the Moon. The wind kept on going but instead of buttercups in the air.....there was glowing light blue flowers. It was abit hard to see their detail since the area did seem a bit hazy. You looked around you, the buttercups had been replaced with those light blue flowers, it was strange.

"You're home"

"Welcome back!"

"Are you here?"

"Did you have fun?"

"Do you have something to wish for?"

"Hello??"

You could hear whispers around you but didn't exactly know where they came from since the sounds were everywhere. You looked down and spotted a blue flower at your feet, you could hear something from it:

"How do you exist if you're....."

".....Nothing?"

The word 'Nothing' echoed all around you, you felt yourself being picked up and blown into the spiral. The area began to get smaller as you went higher and higher into darkness until you could see nothing but the darkness. The last thing you heard was:

"Hello Something, I'm Nothing"

........

Then You woke up.

You looked at your surroundings, everything was shrouded in darkness. There wasn't anyone for miles, only the stretched out darkness. You looked down, your pale skin seemed to be glowing faintly. You wore a simple pale (Color) dress that seemed to move despite the lack of wind. You tried to move forward but couldn't feel any ground...You seemed to be floating on the darkness, your dark (Color) hair seemed to float as well as if you were in water.

You looked up finding a speck of light with a faint glowing ring around it. You reached out toward it...You then heard a voice.

"Welcome Back, (Name)!!"

The Voice echoed throughout the area, making you turn all the way around, You weren't sure who was talking but....it did seem familar..

"(Name), I'm glad that you're back home with me. Did you have fun?"

You kept turning around trying to identify the thing that the voice belonged to. You opened your mouth abit but nothing came out....you found yourself abit afraid and anxious to talk to whoever it was.

"(Name) are you here? Hello??"

You moved back and curled up abit, loosely holding onto your knees.

"(Name)..."

You felt your heart beat as the tone of whoever this person was changed.

".....Do you remember me..?"

You hestitated but ended up shaking your head, bringing your knees closer to your chest.

"....(Name), I'm your best friend...."

"I'm Nothing....I'm the Darkness...Your Void.."

You looked up, abit confused by the sentence.

"The Darkness....?" You said rather quietly, nervous at this familiar stranger.

"I'm the Darkness around you, I'm The Void...."

"Your....Best Friend..."

You knew that there was something familiar about this, something like deja vû. You could hear the sadness coming from the voice, in exchange you gave them a smile. You could feel something shift but wasn't sure what it was.

"Heh....I prolonged your visit haven't I? Maybe you loved those humans more now...."

You fiercely shook your head in disagreement.

"Anything is better than staying in that hell....I don't want to go back..."
You felt your surroundings shift again but couldn't see any movement.

"What?? Did those humans treat you badly?! Did they hurt you?!"

You gave a sad chuckle, looking down. You felt some light air touch your side.

"Those damn humans...They did hurt you. They damaged the gift I gave you...Do they know how hard it is to make a body?!"

You tilted your head in confusion. You could tell that The Void too picked up in the confusion.

"You see that small speck of light infront of you..That's You. I just made you a humanoid body as a gift since you didn't seem happy. I took a piece of me and made you it"

You were surprised, You looked at the small speck and touched it. You could feel something touch your whole body, so you pulled your arm away.

"I'm......Nothing..?" You said in a bit of disbelief. Was this really you? A Small Speck? You couldn't believe it.

"No, My Light. You are something, I'm Nothing. You see that darkness inside that faint ring of light? That's the piece of me around you"

The only thing You saw was "You" and the ring, you guessed that since the area was dark it couldn't really stand out, You felt someone embracing you. You guessed it was probably the Void.

"I'm so glad you're back home, (Name).....But I regret taking you to that Universe..."

The "Ground" started to light up, You looked down, the light cleared up revealing some sort of window to the universe that you were in. You saw your lifeless body on the bed, surrounded by your "parents" and policemen. Your "Parents" were talking to the policemen looking as if they were devastated.......but that was just a trick, they never gave a shit about you. What caught you by surprise was your lifeless body in the imagery.

"I'm.....dead..?"

You can feel some more shifting, You just imaged the Void shaking its "head".

"No, That's just the piece of void that stayed. It'll come back soon" The Void said as it made the imagery disappear.

"Oh..." You smiled, You were glad you weren't actually human, they are a disgusting race to be. You know that not all humans are bad from social media but they weren't many. You knew that they too, lost faith in humanity.

You looked up at the Darkness, smiling. It had been the only thing nice to you and if all they said was true......They truly did seem like your best friend...