Chapter Just Neighboring

July 28th, 2013 12:00 o’clock

As we drove down to La Petite, Niall and I talked for a bit, asking me questions about what I might know etc. When we got there, it was about noon o’clock. When Niall pulled to a stop. I unbuckled and shoved myself sleepily out of the car.

“I’ll be back in a few minutes.”, I said as he nodded me on. I walked into the small front room and saw the same old woman in her late 70s. She looked up at me and smiled.

“Hi! I see you’ve returned with your application.”, she said. “Now if you’ll just follow me we can get right to work.“ “Wait… I’m not working today. I just applied, you haven’t even read the resume.”, I said confused and a bit nervous.

“Oh I meant the interview.”, she said looking back at me. She smiled too often, even for an old woman. I followed her into a dark room. She immediately turned on the lights and gestured for me to sit down across from her at a large table.

She went on for a long time with endless questions. I started to wonder if Niall was worrying because of my time away. After about half an hour the questions finally stopped and the interview was over. I stood up and stretched yawning.

“Thank you for applying!”, she said “I will call you to tell you if you’ve gotten the job.” “Thank you! Have a nice day.”, I said walking out the door. As I walked out I noticed Niall’s car was gone from its previous parking space and replaced with a kia. I immediately pulled out my phone and called Niall.

It rung about 3 or 4 times before I heard him pick up. “Hey where are you?”, I asked. “Oh sorry I’ll there in a minute. I went to pick up some things from the store.”, he said hanging up. “Great.”, I huffed blowing hair out of my face.

It was about 2 when Niall finally showed up, which wasn’t that long since the interview had taken almost an hour, but still. He came back with a car filled with boys. I frowned at him realizing I had to squeeze in between them. He looked back at me with a sheepish grin and mouthed “sorry” to me as I walked towards the car. Zayn opened his door motioning for the boys to squish together since there wasn’t a “very back”.

Louis looked over at me and gave me a cheeky smile. Once the first turn occurred he over-dramatically pushed everyone in the seat, including him, Liam and Zayn onto me, making me want to open the door and roll out like a sausage, and howled like a wolf in the full moon.

On the next turn toward him I did the same thing, forcing him to be squished against the car door. This continued until we finally got home. Harry got out of the car first to help me out, taking my hand. I saw that same black figure I had been seeing all week.

Since nothing could get in my way of being happy and childish, I dropped Harry’s hand and marched over to it. Harry tried to grab my hand, but I slipped out of it like butter. Since they were turned around facing the other direction, I tapped their shoulder and said, ”Excuse me.” Not knowing what I was doing I suddenly felt fear take over and wanted to run and hide, but I had to face my fears like a man. Well in this case a WO-man.

He swung around fast and I noticed something different and strange about his face. It wasn’t a he, but it was a she. I felt my fear wash away like dirt. “Hello.”, she said with a bright smile. She took off her hood, showing me her multicolored hair. “Hi! Are you new here?” I asked. “Yeah actually. Do you live here or are you visiting. I’m trying to meet new people and make friends since I am in fact new.”, she said.

I looked back at Harry shrugging and said, “Temporarily, yes I am living here. What’s your name?” She replied with ,” I’m Annabelle. You can call me Anna though. And yours?”