Chapter Six

As I ripped my arm free from his grass, my body hit the wet concrete, causing my earlier injuries to reopen. Gritting my teeth as I stood up, I glared at Mr. Fast.

    "What the hell was that for?" I yelled at him. A middle-aged women walking down the street, stared at me in alarm. I felt my cheeks grow warm, but did not stop glaring at him.

   He tapped a finger to his lips, "Language," he said with a smile and I longed to punch him in the face. 

    I ran my hands through my hair, ripping at the strands, "Well.." I spluttered, "What the heck are we supposed to do now?"

    He offered his hand to me again, "We can continue on," He coaxed, "It's only a few blocks away."

   I flinched away from his grasp, "Get away from me," I snarled. My clothes were soaked to the bone at this point, and it took a lot of effort to stop my teeth from chattering.

    For a second, I saw hurt in his icy blue eyes, but he turned away, his hands in the air, "Fine, we'll just have to walk."

   "Oh yeah, well who says I'm coming with you?" I crossed my arms defiantly. 

    He rolled his eyes, "You did sugar, you're the one who took my hand." He leaned against a telephone pole, observing my reaction.

    I scowled at him, because I knew he was right.  What kind of stupid person am I? To just grab a stranger's hand, and then to have him whip me down the street! I shook my head, "You're right, I never should have trusted you!" My voice rose to a yell, "I don't even know your damn name!"

   He stared at me in bewilderment, and then walked over to me, "If you didn't trust me, why did you take my hand?" He whispered into my ear.

   I shuddered as his hands briefly touched my shoulders. "Get away from me," I hissed, trying to break away.

   He raised his eyebrows, before holding out his hand to me again, "Follow me."

    I hesitated, not knowing if he was about to go into warp speed or not.

    "I swear, I'm not going to go fast," He promised, his hand never wavered.

    I sighed and took his hand again, damn it, why do I keep trusting this guy?

    He led me down a dark alley, only a glimpse of light shone down from the moon, echoing across his face.

   "Why are we back here?" I asked, stepping back in case he was about to stab me or something. I shook my head, letting the raindrops splatter everywhere, "I swear, if you pull out a knife..."

   He pulled me closer to him, smirked at me one more time, before letting his jacket fall... and spread his wings.

   I gasped, in total awe in the effect. Dear lord, he was very good at being dramatic.

    The wings were bright white, brighter than his hair. Various shades of grey, hung around the insides, causing shadows to dapple his white feathers. 

   "Y-you're like me," I stuttered, still in total awe and shock about how beautiful the wings were. I had never seen someone else's wings, unless you count the wings hanging on  the wall in The Institute. To be fair, I've never even looked at my wings properly either.

    He smirked, "Yes, yes I am." He folded his wings up again and zipped his jacket back up. "Oh, and by the way, my name's Winter."

   I'm so sorry about the slow update. It seems after I accidentally deleted the first copy of chapter six, I had no idea how to rewrite this chapter. I'm also sorry about the short chapter, I'm just trying to keep updating regularly.