Something goes wrong

- What are you doing here? I've been looking for you all morning! - Jace said getting up.

- I.. - he looked for help in Magnus's eyes but the warlock was no less bewildered than Alec.

- Stop looking at Magnus, he's not the one who left his own wedding! - Jace seemed a bit disappointed but finaly calm, he was really worried, - why are you even.. - he stopped because he noticed a little mark on Alec's neck.

He looked at his eyes and saw that behind this bewilderment and stupor was something else. Is he.. happier?
He started feeling this weird safety and calmness, was that the way his parabatai felt? But... why?

- Jace? - Alec frowned, - you okay?

Jace realized he was staring at Alec for a long time now.

- Yeah.. Sorry, I just... Your eyes, - finally said Jace.

- My eyes? What's wrong with them? Jace you sure you're okay? - Alec approached him and put his hand on Jace's shoulder.

- You're different, - Jace said tensing up.

- As far as I know I'm the same Alec I was yesterday, - he tried to smile.

- Where did that come from, - he pointed at his neck.
- It's.. aha... It's Lydia! We got married you know these things are allowed, - he tried to make it a joke but Jace still looked worried.

- You didn't have it when you were at the wedding, - Jace raised his hand and slightly touched the mark. Alec caught his hand and made Jace put it down.

'Why did he wince when i touched him?' Jace thought.

They've never been afraid to touch each other. They're really close, even more then parabatais or brothers.

- We um.. You know it's none of your business I can have my own life, - Alec said coldly and that morning warmth in his eyes passed away.

- Wow, okay, I just thought we tell each other everything, - Jace tried to look like it didn't get to him but it really hurts.

- Do we? We barely speak since that girl showed up in the Institute. I get it you're in love with her but you can't be together well join the club, - Jace felt this little note of anger in Alex's voice but still he stayed calm. Although he clearly didn't plan to say the last part so he strained.

- Club? Alec you married to a beautiful woman and you're complaining? What kind of man are you?

- The one who loves a downworlder, - Alec almost whispered.

Jace looked at him in confusion. Who is she?

- What downworlder? What the hell Alec?

- See. You didn't even notice that i've changed. It had happened way earlier than now when you finally see it, - Alec looked tired and it's only morning. How can you look tired after a long sleep?

- So who is she? And why by the name of angel are we here?

- You still don't get it? - Alec looked at Magnus who rewarded him with a loving smile.

- M... Magnus? - Jace started laughing but Alec looked at him with his serious look.

'Is is true? This glamorous warlock who's probably more than 1000 years old?'

- Magnus Bane is your secret date? Are you serious? I can't imagine you two together like what? - Jace tried to make a joke out of it but both of them looked like there at a funeral.

- He cares about me and I care about him. That's all I need. And that's all you need to know, - Alec looked really confident.

- This is ridiculous! He's like a million years old! If you wanted to try something new could've start with some younger boy or something, - Jace couldn't believe it, his parabatai's being so naive. 'He doesn't even know him!'

- It's not your choice to make. You came to make sure I'm okay so I'm fine, you can go now.

- So that's it? You're going to stay with this warlock instead of catching Valentine and going to your wife? - Jace couldn't believe it. It's not Alec he knew.

- You're damn right! - Alec said with a fake smile then turned around and was going to get back to the bedroom.

- Okay! Have fun with this granddad! -Jace sounded... jealous?

He left the loft and ran to the Institute with no turning back.