two

AUTHOR

AT HOME

there were angry demands at the dinner table in areum's home. she ran down the two levels of stairs to find her father, mr shin, angrily throwing his newspaper on the floor.

areum's mother approached her husband as she placed down the black coffee onto the wooden table. "darling, what is it this time? the PARK ENTERPRISE again?" pushing away the black coffee, mr shin seemingly had no appetite for anything.

"the PARK ENTERPRISE ! they took my customers!" areum noticed her father's computer screen still lit up, showing the stock market prices have dropped. to mr shin, his stolen customers were more sad than romeo dying infront juliet.

her father faced the girl and wavered the newspaper in his hands around. "areum. i dare you not to ever make friends with the PARKs, or else you're out of this house." her father glared at the girl and she subtly agreed.

"father- i do not know of any PARKs-"

~
MONTHS LATER

areum was by herself at the table waiting for jimin. jimin and she have been talking to eachother a lot recently and grew fond of eachother. there were certain times when areum wanted to show jimin some of her affection but she knew it would disappointing if he only saw her as a friend.

"areum!" a call for her name shifted her body around. she looked back and jimin was running towards her with a smile on his face. this could describe to be the 100th time she had seen his face, but every time she sees him, her heart still races crazy like on the first day.

he lowered his body to the girl sitting on the seat and held her hand, seemingly had something to say to areum.

"um... areum... i... um... wanttoinviteyoutomyfamilyparty! pleasecomewithmeasmydate!"

"i don't understand you." areum hit jimin's chest and he stepped back a little. he was nervous. he knew he could barely stand so how could he say the words, but it was too late to turn back around. "areum, come to my family party with me."

at that moment, areum's heart beated faster. "family party? m-me and you?"

jimin stuttered and rubbed the hind of his neck. "it's a date. please don't reject me! i mean- it's alright if you can't come as my date but you can come as my friend- i mean, we can tag along some of your friends if you want."

"no jimin. let's call it a date."