five

AUTHOR

"jimin, let's break it off."

-
AT AREUM'S HOME

areum threw her heels across the room and dropped her body over her bed. the regrets of her words that she last spoke came flying in, along with jimin's face after hearing them. those words grazing a scar on her left chest as she saw jimin fade away like smoke right infront of her. his back furthering away from her before she could grab ahold of him.

areum knew she had to break it off with jimin, other wise conflicts will slowly derive from the dark corners. in the end, she knew that they would've been separated by their parents anyways.

the same conversation replayed in her head.

-
"jimin. let's break it off."

"w-why? is it because of our parents?
are you scared that we'll get in trouble?"

"no, it's not like that. in the end,
we'll both separate either
with or without our parent's conflict."

"d-do you not take me seriously?
do you think this relationship is a joke?"

"jimin- stop making it difficult for both of us-"

"i know. you're scared that our parents might separate us. you're scared to hurt not me but yourself."

"JIMIN-"
-

"jimin.. in the end, i was just selfish."

~ AT JIMIN'S HOME

~
AT JIMIN'S HOME

"jimin! we need to talk." the silence in the house was a usual thing for jimin, but this time the silence was louder than bombs. (CREATE A CHAIN AND LET'S SING IT haha)

jimin approached his father with his hands holding back to open the door.

mrs park was pouring some water into a cup for mister park, seemingly strained from the long conversation with his wife about jimin and areum. "father. you called for me."

mr park pushed his back against the seat and crossed his legs. "t-that areum girl... i won't be rude. miss shin areum. have you known who she was all this time?" jimin's father collided his hands together with the clattering on his rings distracting the silence.

jimin shook his head and diverted his attention from his father to his fiddling fingers.

"jimin, you usually argue back with me. what is the matter?" his mother held onto his hands.

jimin continued to stare at his fingers. jimin had not enough words to pour out as he had already did that with areum at the ball room. the same words repeated in his head, until he grew a hatred for the silence around him.

"i know. you like her, but if you were in my position, you would understand why being with her is wrong."

"father- i don't need your lecture. i'll just go back to my room." jimin pushed himself from the chair and bid his father goodbye. before he had left the room, his father stood from the chair and seemed to want to comment.

"I am pretty sure that Mr Shin also thinks the same way as i do.   i do not want to see you with her again-"

jimin shut the door on his father, creating a loud thud throughout the mansion. his father rolled his eyes and sat back down on his chair. letting out a long sigh and turned to his wife.

"that areum, what if she knew who jimin was? did she try to get close to him and gather information from us?" jimin's father voiced concerns.

"darling. you are overthinking this. they're at the age of maturity. let them have their own space."

"just don't let him out of his room until he has acknowledge his lesson."