seven

AUTHOR

the push of the doors scared mr park and entered areum and mr shin.

areum frantically ran over to jimin and fell on her knees. the devastated look on areum's face when she realised it was jimin on the bed. his hands seemingly cold with red stains still lingering on it.

"how is jimin?" mr shin questioned as a sense of pity grew over him.

"mr shin. you clearly see how my son is. why bother asking?" the bickers from mr park sparked a rage inside of mr shin.

"oh i see now! you probably made jimin this way so he can see my daughter!!"

"what!? how could i hurt my own son!?"

"SHUT UP!" areum's scream pulled the bickering into a peace. "do you two not see a patient clearly lying here? he needs rest! please bicker outside and do not disturb the patient!" she ordered and the two men pushed themselves back on the chair.

jimin's eyes slowly opened, engulfed by the bright lights. "a-areum? is that you?" a weak voice muffled and areum looked over.

"JIMIN!"

"areum! i missed you so much!"

"jimin... i'm really sorry for what i said. is it too late to turn back?" areum's eyes blurred her vision. mr shin looked over at his daughter noticing the tears about to fall.

mr park was also staring at his son with a sense of guilt. he noticed his son had never really shown as much love as he did today for anyone.

the two men turned back to face at eachother and nodded in agreement. "that phone call we had. i suppose it is time for us to let it go."

"f-father.." jimin's weak voice called for me park and he immediately slid over besides jimin.

"yes.. son?"

"please let areum and i be together."

areum picked up jimin's hands and turned to her father. "father. please let us."

the two fathers hesitated for a moment before raising their voices again. "okay. we won't let our own personal matters to be involved with yours." an enlightenment shone over areum and jimin. looking back at one another, their salty tears had already dried up from that light.

with no disturbance, the two fathers left the room, leaving the two younger ones for time with themselves.

as mr park and mr shin both left the room, they were approached by a doctor. "Mr Park. may i have a word with you about your son?" the doctor monitoring jimin asked and his father nodded.

following to the doctor's office, mr park hoped that jimin's results were fine and so did mr shin.

"Mr Park, um... how should i word this? your son is fine."

"oh my! thank goodness!" a smile hovered over me park as he hugged onto mr shin.

"no sir, what i really mean is when he was submitted to the hospital, he had no internal nor external injuries." the doctor let out a long hiss before being cut off by mr park.

"what do you mean? he had blood all over himself."

"sir, after a thorough check, it was just red paint."