Take Me Back - Part 1

I stand here, all alone in the rain. The loud pitter and patter against the gravestones, a tear slides down my cold cheek. But my tears just blend with the rain, as if there were no tears at all. I look miserably down at my own gravestone, disbelief still in my mind. I couldn't believe I was at this point in life, I was only 18, and I had so much more in store. I just graduated, I was going to university, I had a boyfriend, and a best friend and I had an amazing family. I just can't fathom this; I can just remember how it happened. My death.

I slammed the door behind me; I took a deep breath and tried to forget. I walked inside my apartment and closed the door behind me. My hands fumble around my hallways trying to find the light switches, which would light up the dim apartment. Soon enough I found it and stare at my apartment, I walk up the winding stairs and head towards my room. Halfway through changing into my pajamas I hear the front door open I call to see if it was my roommate.

"Valerie is that you?" There was no response; I decided to finish changing first before heading downstairs. I slid down the railing the landed feet first onto the floor. I look into the hallway to see the front door open widely. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, once I turn around I feel something forcedly jab itself into my chest. My eyes looked down to see a knife stuck in my chest, I gasp for breath as well as looking up to the one that killed me.

My eye tears up as I realized my killer, then my body fell to the floor. I could see them stumble back; they ran out and left me to bleed to death. It was minutes before I took my last breath, the last thing I saw was a picture.