2

A/N: This was one of my favorite chapters to write so far! Enjoy!

I unlock the door to my small cabin close to the asylum. I live about forty minutes away from a small town which was a huge hassle with grocery shopping and other things I needed (and pizza took years to deliver). The cabin was more modern and rigged with a small security system thanks to the asylum (It consisted of a few heavy sedatives and a pair of handcuffs). I walked in and dropped my keys on my coffee table. I sat on the couch and rubbed my temples. It was about 11pm and I wasn't surprised, I usually spend late nights at the office doing my work and tonight was no different. I eventually pulled myself off the couch and went to my room to change and shower quickly. I pulled off my tight work clothes and hopped in the warm water. I let my now curly black hair out of it's bun and pushed it out of my face which took an incredibly long time. I washed up quickly and hopped out of the shower. I then grabbed a makeup wipe and rubbed until I was sure I got it all. After I took my makeup off and put on a baggy t-shirt with some boy shorts, I took some time to enjoy the thunderstorm going on. In Mississippi, rain was common and I loved it even though this isn't my dream state. I stopped admiring the rain and was about to head back downstairs to make something to eat until I heard glass break in the living room.

~Dallon's POV (An hour earlier)~

I waited in my office until I knew the guards were asleep. During the night all the nurses go home and the patients sleep soundly in their cells. The patients have trackers that were surgically put into their necks in case they somehow managed to escape which has never happened and never will. Until tonight. I walked down the hall to Brendon's cell with my wife at my side. Breezy was a surgeon until she quit when I got this job, knowing she would be needed. I swiped my card and opened the door to his cell. He was up and dressed in his favorite red suit. He slicked his hair back with some gel I gave him and smiled.

"It is good to be back ladies and gentlemen!" I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"We aren't out of the woods yet, hurry up we need to get the chip out of your neck." He nodded and joined us in the hall. It was fairly easy to walk pass the security room considering all of the security guards were asleep in their chairs. Jesus I would've hired some better guards if I wasn't trying to break out one of the most notorious serial killers in the country. I had spent this whole year destroying any evidence Brendon existed, I had ties with some guys in the government. We destroyed his files, birth certificate and his passport. I also made sure Brendon had his finger prints surgically removed, and yes that is possible. I had been working with Brendon for years now, he killed the man that tried to attack my wife and I was forever in his debt. We walked down farther into the basement into the clinic. Breezy laid Brendon down on the bed and got to work. She made a small incision in his neck after listening for were the tracker was with a stethoscope. She used the tweezers and simply pulled it out. Brendon hardly flinched and she put a band aid on the small cut.

"All done. Let's get going." She grabbed my hand and we all easily made it out of the basement where the patients were held and into the back parking lot where my car was parked. Breezy drove separately so Brendon could have her car to meet us at the safe house. She handed him the keys and we went our separate ways.

~Rose's POV (Present time)~

I cautiously tip toed down the stairs with a sedative, one of the many things the asylum gave me to protect myself in the event of an emergency. I put my hair up into a messy bun quickly before walking into the living room. I dropped my fight stance and sighed at what I saw. Jacob, my boyfriend was sitting on the couch drinking wine out of the bottle. I looked at the broken bottle of jack daniels and shook my head. He also left the front door wide open, letting the rain in.