NINE.

Unedited!

Luke;

Paralyzed in fear, Luke gripped onto the hand that intertwined with his to ease the nerves that ate at him. As  before, wind whizzed and whooshed through him like a ghost passing through. His hand felt clammy and his arms felt weak—his legs, too, floopy like jelly. His brain pounding against his skull, resulting into a slight headache from the rush of fear coursing through him like a flood, and his heart beat through his ribcage. All these were signs of being petrified.

The screeching they heard sounded as if someone was being tortured—or had seen something that can't be unseen. Whether it be the first or the latter, it was in no way good.

Luke squeezed the hand in his out of instinct, peering down at Amber—who was scrutinizing the area in search of whoever it was, or, who or what engendered those cries. His hearing became acute as he listened in for any sound or voice. Hastily footsteps were all he heard, and weeping that neared them by the second. Luke, pulling Amber alongside, began to back away.

Out popped Julia from behind the massive tree trunks, a sobbing mess. She ran into Luke, almost knocking him off his feet. "H-Help–" she bagan, but cut short, throwing her head back and releasing the rest of the tears that seemed to have been stored.

"What happened—Julia! Julia, what's—someone please explain to us what's going on?!" Luke ejaculated, holding the crying girl in his arms, running his hands up and down her back soothingly. Julia fisted his black tee shirt, smudges of mascara and clear snot getting on it.

Chelsea was the first to speak. "A body. We found a body!" She exclaimed. She began to pace to and fro, running a hand through her blond hair and tugging at it from frustration and anxiety.

"A body–"

"Yes, a body! It just fell from the trees and onto Julia! Haven't you notice the blood on her clothes?"

Indeed, there was blood stains all over Julia's sparkling purple tank top, as well on her neck. Julia quivered in Luke's arms, making him hold her tighter and coe soft words into her ears. Give or take in another situation, Luke would probably enjoy having a girl such as Julia wrapped around him, straddling him—but right now all that was going through his mind right now was that possibly. . .there was a murderer in the woods. . .and Austin and Alex could be in danger, if not, dead. He hoped for the first, being that it meant they could still be alive and out there.

"Well, where is it?" Inquired Michael.

"Down that way," Chelsea directed them with her finger, which pointed down East to them. There seemed to be more of a jumble of trees down in that way, though which it meant more spooky darkness and of the chilly air. The stream still moved in swift and calm motions while the group of frightened teens glanced towards one another—their faces hardly could be seen. Dark shadows cast down their faces, due to the lighting of the moon—which appeared to be full tonight.

Without announcement, Michael seemed to head in the direction Chelsea pointed, dragging Amber with him. As the others briefly followed after them, Luke helped Julia up to her feet, steadying her from loosing balance. Luke positioned himself to begin walking, but Julia stopped him by hooking her arm with his, bringing him close to her.

He didn't say anything, just went along with it and pulled her along with him.

Michael;