THIRTEEN.

Unedited!

Julia;

The room had just fallen silent after the previous episode, when all heads snapped to glance in the direction where they heard the cries of three different voices. Julia, at the sound of the screaming, jolted back and against the wall near the stairs. Tears began to form in her eyes from having been scared enough times already. She inhaled harshly and exhaled the oxygen she so desperately needed right now. Her arms hugged her stomach as she leaned forward and let out a large cry, thinking to herself that this was it.

The others jumped in joy and relief when none other than Alex Constancio came running down those battered steps. He looked out of breath and shaken like he had seen death itself. Julia was the first to go over to him and curled her hand into a ball and gave a punch to his shoulder. Alex stumbled back a bit, catching himself just in time. His hand went to where it hurt and pressed down to compress the pain. With an angry eye, he glared at Julia and snapped, "What was that for?"

"Where the hell were you! And where's Austin?" Julia pressed, eyes flaring with fury.

Alex only looked behind him, towards the stairs with a look of worry and terror. "He was just behind me. . ." he trailed off in a mumble, still watching the stairs. Julia furrowed her brows and looked, too, over to the stairs in disturbance. "What are you talking about?" Julia heard Liam asked from the crowd surrounding them. "Can somebody explain to us what's going on?"

Alex finally turned to face them, getting ready to speak. "Me and Austin have been hiding for hours now in this place, hiding from that thing." The way he said that word gave Julia the creeps, and her heart began to slowly accelerated as the image of a hideous animal with snarling teeth dripping with drool and big, glowing, sharp eyes that stared down on you like you're it's next prey. She shuddered at the thought and zoned in on the story Alex was about to tell. "As you know, me and Austin had come earlier than the rest of you to Louis's lodge and decided to go exploring in the woods. Now I'll admit, I always got this feeling that we were being followed, but when I told Austin about it, he just told me to ignore it and enjoy the moment.

"I did as I was told and a few minutes later, I'm enjoying myself. But," Alex took a pause to look back at the stairs again, like he had heard something, since his eyes has gone wide for a second. He looked back at them and continued. "But when we were sitting by this incredible looking stream, we heard something—a voice, to be exact. It sounded like you, Louis," Alex gazed over to Louis, who stood near the kitchen with Liam;  his eyes filled with perplexity.

"Me?"

"Yeah, you."

"But I never left the lodge. I stayed to greet the others."

"Well, we didn't know that at the time," Alex explained, gaining everyone's attention once again. "Austin had suggested that maybe you had gone after us since we had been gone for quite a while. Now, here's where the story gets weird," he looked around at all of their faces, soaking in their scared expressions. "I called back in response to what we thought was Louis, because it had called out to us. It told us to come closer because it couldn't hear us, so that's what we did. Big mistake.

"When we reached to where we heard the voice clearest and loud—which was by this huge oak tree just standing there near almost to where Louis's lodge is—I saw big yellow eyes staring into mines and a mixture of a growl and laughter sounding through its jaw as it neared us. I didn't waste time and made a run for it, grabbing Austin with me and just bolted through, swerving the trees that we almost ran into because of looking behind us for that monster. And it was hot on our trail.

"I was too busy focusing on getting away to notice this cabin—Austin actually was the one who had pointed it out and dragged us inside. He shut the door behind us, then locked it before leading me up the stairs and to the attic. I asked him how he knew about there being an attic and said he didn't, that he just kept running until he happen to come across the string dangling in the air." Alex sighed, peeking down at his muddy  Nike's. "We've been hiding here since that incident."