Chapter 5

Leena's pov »

I'm still wondering why my mother invited Nathan in and it was kind of weird when I noticed the look on his face.

I might be crazy but it looked like he was try to read her or something.

As we sat on the couch in my mother's living room. I was nervous to say the least.

I mean what was I thinking letting him drive me to my mother's house.

I really haven't known him long, from what Derek told me that they had been friends since they were freshman.

So I really didn't understand they're relationship, they were different like day and night.

And what broke me out of my thoughts was by my mom saying, " What do y'all want to drink ? I only have water or ice tea. "

My reply was water and I noticed it was Nate's also.

Then my mom started asking a bunch of questions.

I wasn't ready for the questions just yet.

I just needed to tell her why I'm here cause I wouldn't stay for long. And it had me thinking maybe should've tried harder.

I really wish it wasn't this way between Derek and I. I really actually felt bad about what went down.

I still loved Derek .....

Then another voice spoke inside my head, " Are you sure about that ? "

What the hell ? But it wasn't me who said that....

So I ignored it, hoping that Nate didn't run his mouth about what happened to my mother.

Answering her question but it felt forced somehow, " It's really nothing to say but we broke up end of story, " I said shocked, putting my hand over my mouth.

So I immediately look over to Nate, pleaded with my eyes for him to keep quiet. I would never hear the end of it.

" What she said was the truth."

My heart sank when he didn't listen to me. Then my mom began to yell. I had to calm her down.

" Ma ! Calm down know you have high blood pressure, this isn't good for your health, " I told her trying to defuse this situation.

Then Nate also tried but she kept on until she began to look weird and trickles of sweat lined her forehead.

Then suddenly she fell back, slid down on the couch. It scared me so I immediately was at her side.

" Ma ? Are you alright ? "

Opening her eyes she asked, " Lee ? When did you get here ? "

What in the hell is going on ? She was the one who invited us in. Why is she like this ? It can't be.....

" Calm down Leena it isn't what your thinking, " Nate told me.

" What are you talking about ? We need to get her to an hospital. "

Then my mother's hand came down on mines.

" It ain't nothing wrong with me. I probably over did it when I was fixing up your old room."

" But why would you fix my room for ? "

" Didn't I tell you ? I'm gonna start fostering kids, " she breathlessly getting up, heading towards the room.

Is she serious ? Now I have no where to go ? But I just have to ask.

" Mom I came back to stay till I can find my own place. "

" Well Lee I don't know what to tell you but they're coming tomorrow. I don't wanna go confusing them so you can't stay. "

" What ?! "

" Come on Leena, We're leaving, " Nate said coming to my side.

As I looked in the fully furnished bedroom that used to be my own. Looking over the space that held two twin sized beds which once was a full sized not just a little over one year old ago.

" Okay, " I replied to Nate. " Alright mom I'm gonna go now, love you, " I told her, give her a hug before walking towards the door.

" And Lee come back over once they've settled in, " she said as I opened the door with Nate behind me.

Excuse my errors 😉

Thanks for reading ✌

Check out the Preview of my New story " Sometimes life is... " ❤