Magic and Mayhem

"Out of all the things that you could've said..." He mumbled, his face blushing slightly as my finger continued to trace the markings, "You know that you can get off me, right?"

"What does this mean? What is this?" I asked him, motioning to the raven's chest.

"This, my beloved Kiriu, would be my chest. You have one too, you know?"

"Not a time for games, Aki. You're hiding something from me, and I don't like it." I pouted, getting off his body and sitting next to him waiting for an answer.

"... I'm pretty sure that you'll learn about it. Just not now."

"Why, can't you teach me?" Aki sat up and avoided my gaze, pulling his knees to his chest.

"It's something that I don't want to ever talk about." He hissed, staring straight in front of him, "We should probably go to bed. It's already late enough."

I could sense the uncomfortable tension in the air. 'Did I just dig too deep? After all, he did just find me, didn't he?' I thought, looking at him as he slipped under the shared doona and flicked off the night lamp.

"Good night Kiriu." Aki whispered as he turned to lie on his right side.

"Night Aki." I whispered back as I turned on my left, closed my eyes and drifted off towards a dreamless sleep.

It wasn't until hours after the break of dawn that I'd finally bothered to open my eyes. Aki had disappeared and I had felt the guilt overwhelm me from last night. 'Damn it Kiriu, why did you do that?' I cursed myself as I escaped the soft and warm clutches of the doona. I then looked around for my cloak, only to find it resting nearby on the dresser. I slipped it on before heading towards the bathroom first. I had forgotten to retrieve my scarf from the day before, and I found it neatly folded on the bench. I decided to wash my face without trying to control the water.

Let's just say that sorta failed. Moments later, I had sculptured the water into various artworks before I heard footsteps approaching from what could be the kitchen. 'I'm not getting scared this time!' I thought, quickly moving the water back into the sink and unplugging the plug.

"Thought I'd find you here." Aki stated, smirking afterwards, "Didn't know you like to play with water that much. You're improving."

"Improving? What do you mean?"

"How about I teach you some cool tricks with your water?" The smirk was back.

"You can teach me?! Awesome!" I pumped the air with my fist as I jumped in joy. Aki motioned me to walk with him. I followed him like a puppy to the living room, awaiting his steps.

"Alright, we both know that you can control your water already, so there won't be any mess, but can you summon it out of what seems to be thin air?" Aki balled his left fist, then quickly spread out his hand. Similar to when we were walking through the forest, a small flame burned in his hand. "If it doesn't work for the first tries, don't give up." He said as he watched me intently, his fist clenched back and then relaxed.

"I can't wait to try this!!" I exclaimed, holding out my hand with my palm up.

"Now, just focus and think about a water ball." I heard Aki say. I concentrated and thought about a water ball forming in my hand. After what seemed like ages, a small droplet circled around in my palm. "No way! This is awesome!" I laughed and then the droplet disappeared, "Where'd it go?"

"You scared it off! Now it's gone." Aki joked.

"Noo! I'm sorry Mr. Water Drop! I didn't mean to!" I played along with Aki's joke.