Chapter 2 : A Battle

On the next day at school, Weizhou was ecstatic after having scored the highest marks in his class for an important quiz in Physics. Li was in a different class, therefore as soon as the bell for the lunch break rang Weizhou ran towards the school grounds to meet up with Li at their usual spot.

Upon hearing the news, Li wrapped him tightly in a warm embrace. After merely seconds, Weizhou hesitantly withdrew, anxiously looking around.

Li giggled. "Don't worry, people have better things to do than watch us."

There were groups of students dotted across the ground and thankfully nobody's attention seemed to be on them. The two boys had just started exchanging stories about the morning's classes when they heard a commotion from somewhere in the ground. They turned their heads towards that direction to see numerous students making their way towards the source of the noise. They exchanged a look before hastily following suit.

Encircled by a throng of students who watched, some in shock and some in awe,  were two boys in a brawl. Both tall and well-built, the two violently wrestled about, making most of the students take a few steps back in fear. After observing for a few seconds, Weizhou squinted his eyes as a realization dawned on him. 'JingYu?

Before Weizhou could stop him, Li had already made his way towards the two.

"Li !!" Weizhou exclaimed.                               

After several attempts Li managed to break the two furious boys apart, only to become the subject of one of the boys' fury this time. Li was kicked and roughly pushed to the ground by the boy. "Mind your fuckin' business!" he barked.

Weizhou was beyond shocked. He immediately got to Li.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!!" he looked up and snapped at JingYu who stood there fuming with clenched fists. Then he turned his attention back to Li who was just as angry, but let Weizhou help him up.

Once Weizhou managed to help Li get to his feet and made sure he was alright, he turned his head back only to find that JingYu had long vanished. 'Uncle Chang, guess your sister was right after all.' He thought bitterly.

As he and Li started walking away they overheard a conversation between the boy who was fighting with JingYu and another boy.

"He fuckin' came at me! All I did was push him for not picking up my damn book which he dropped"

"I heard he's new, just don't provoke him again. Look how badly you got beat up haha."

"Do you wanna die? Ha?"

"Ha ha haaa"

Weizhou rolled his eyes as he followed Li back into the school.

Weizhou's blissful mood of that morning had completely been ruined. Li didn't suffer any injuries, yet Weizhou felt personally attacked for some reason, although he knew that at the time JingYu may not have known that Li had any connection with Weizhou. He angrily kicked a rock as he slowly walked on, entering the park. As he neared the exit, he couldn't help turning his head to glance at the much sought after bench. For a regular person, there was nothing out of the ordinary about the bench at a glance. However for someone like Weizhou who spent a fair amount of time here daily, the difference was hard to miss. He habitually adjusted his specs as the backrest of the bench drew his attention.

Delicately engraved on it were the words. "A sacred property of ZhouZhou

It was easily noticeable to anyone who came close enough to sit down on the bench. Weizhou couldn't suppress the smile that graced his face. 'ZhouZhou?' It was his first time being given that nickname, and he hated to admit how much he liked the sound of it. What he hated even more was the obviousness of who was responsible for this little cheeky deed. He rolled his eyes, although the smile still hadn't vanished from his face.