Part 1

Aria Reynolds was sitting on the couch beside Abel Reynolds, her brother. She couldn't believe he was going to do 'that' to her. Her eyes blazed back to Rex Phillips, who was staring back at her, his eyes reflecting anger. Abel and Mr. and Mrs. Phillips were on an intense discussion about Aria's and Rex's wedding.

Aria's thoughts drifted back to her dreams of a loved life. She wanted a perfect person... who could understand her completely. She wished for a person who'd just love whatever she loves and would talk to her about them... who'd never argue or fight with her... who'd gift her with the things she adores the most... who'd hold her close and whisper lovable things to her... She let out a disappointed sigh. Of course, fate had other plans for her.

Abel had a chain of business firms over the country left to the both of them by their parents who passed away a few years ago. Aria wanted to try her hand with the Software and Programs company's management. But her brother was adamant that she should concentrate on her life and education. Yet, when she constantly bugged him with her requests, he finally let her deal with the Company, with a condition. She must get married to his old friend's son.

"What?" she remembered fuming to her brother when he told her that. "Abel... you can't be serious..."

"Of course I'm serious..." her brother told her patiently. "You think dad and mom would've let you roam on your own like this if they're here... Ria... you can decide what you want... I'm glad to give you the title of all the companies we posses... but you should get married to Rex Phillips."

"Rex Phillips? Who's he...? I don't even know him..." she murmured. "And, I don't need the title of all the companies... I just need to try my hand with one of it..."

"Alright... then do as I told you..."

"But bro..."

"Ria..." he moved towards her, and stroked her hair. "I just want to see my sister get settled with her happy family life... I'm planning on going back to our homeland once I hand over you to a trust worthy and lovable person... I need to take care of some things there..."

After an hour's discussion she finally agreed to meet Rex as she knew she couldn't worry her brother. He was the only one she had... and he loved her so much.

She could still remember the day she met him. Rex was really handsome - tall, strong body, and pale complexion framed with raven black hair... and those lightning blue eyes could draw anyone to do whatever he wants them to do. But Aria tried to ignore his physical features. Rex was indifferent to everything she wished. Aria tried talking to him about her music collections, books and traveling interest but he looked totally bored. 'What the heck is his problem?' thought Aria as she stared at him.

As for Rex, he was there to meet Aria because of his parents' compulsion... especially because they black mailed him about sending him back to their hometown to take care of their business there. He hated the place and so, he had no other choice but to be there. Rex was never of a commitment type of guy and was always interested in adventures and not the traditional way of doing things. Women just loved everything about him and he was always available to them but he never took any of them to his bed ...or heart. It was just company he wanted and he always had it.

Seeing Aria for the first time, made his heart miss a beat. She was beautiful... Of course, the type he always desired – with her long dark hair, and beautiful dark eyes. She was tall and pale with the most delicious blood red lips he'd ever seen. And the knowledge she possessed on things was amazing... but the thought of marriage was too much. And, when he heard her talk... she just reflected himself back to him. The ego she had was equal to his own. Rex decided that he's never going to marry her no matter how beautiful she looks or whatever his parents threaten him with.