i. the broadcast

"Going home? Buy a mask for purge night, girly." A creepy looking man with a scary clown mask had blocked my way. "I'll give you a discount 'cause you're cute."

"No thanks." I quickly avoided him, walking straight past him. He blocked my way and took off his mask.

"Can I come over your house later? We can spend purge night together. It'll be fun." He said. A middle aged man was smiling down at me, his stubble made him look like he hadn't been taking care of himself that well.

He grinned wider, staring at my face then down at my body. A shiver shot up along my spine and goosebumps began to cover my skin. I quickly ran away and as I looked back, I saw his creepy smile at me like he wants to kill me.

I turned to a corner and kept walking in a fast pace. It was coming. Purge night is coming. In just a few hours, all crimes will be made legal  continuously by the government, even the most heinous ones. My family was a victim of the purge. Last year, my whole family was brutally murdered by a gang of purgers. Only I survived that night when I was waiting for my little brother to find me during a game of hide and seek. He never was able to find me but I found him and both my parents with bullets through their heads. The nightmare of their bodies laying in their own blood still haunted me to this day.

Everyone had festive moods as the night approached fast. I felt even more paranoid as I ran inside my home and locked the door behind me. I spent the next ten minutes in the silence of my home and then I realized something, why is it so quiet?

"Uncle Ben? Gracy?" I searched the kitchen and the livingroom but did not find anybody.

Ever since the murder of my family, I've been living with my father's sister and her family. I wasn't treated like one of theirs but like a modern cinderella. They only kept me because they're the only relatives I have. I had no choice. It was them or that awful social welfare center. Obviously, I made the wrong choice. They are not my family.

"Aunt Merry? Anyone?" I called and called but no was home but me. Then I found a note that was left on my bed in the basement.

We left the country and will be back after a week.
Keep the house safe and in one piece during purge night or else you'll have to find some other place to live.

Aunt Merry

"What!" After reading the short note again, I knew I was doomed. I am alone on purge night. My chest tightened and my knees weakened, "What do I do?"

*

"You guys know what to do?" Jin asked the other six guys around him, "Just stick to the plan that I devised and everything will go smoothly. Know your routes and don't forget your tracking devices so we can locate anyone who's in trouble. I'm talking about you, V."

"Yeah, yeah, we ran over this for like ten times already." The younger one with caramel brown hair had said while keeping himself occupied with a fidget spinner between his fingers.

"Get your act together, V. You're always the one who messes up our plans." Jin sermoned the younger one.

"It's not like I do it because on purpose." He defended, leaning back lazily to the couch. "Besides, it's just another assassination. It's not even that hard to do on purge night. No one is going to arrest us." He grinned and then turned to the guy on his right, "That's what makes it fun, right Jungkook?"

Jungkook made no response or whatsoever which made V shrug his shoulders in defeat, "Huh, he still doesn't talk."

"He has a lot on his mind, V." A guy they call Namjoon, spoke. "He was younger than you when he first killed someone."

"If he doesn't want to talk then don't make him talk. Simple as that." A black haired guy named Jimin sat between Jungkook and V.

"Enough talking, let's just focus on our individual missions for tonight." A slim guy entered the room, "Remember. Cleanliness is next to godliness that means no one is going to fucking step inside this house with blood on their shoes, got it?"

"Hoseok can you just chill your obsessive compulsive ass for a second and help me with this?" Jin said as he lined the various side by side on the table.

"Wow, this looks fun." Jimin picked up the long barreled shot gun and admired it like it was a national treasure, "I'm taking you out tonight, baby."

Meanwhile, Namjoon had his hands on the pistols. He already geared up for the night, putting two pistols on the holster around each leg and two more on his waist. "Pick your weapons now cause it's going to be a long night of killing."

"Somebody wake the old man up." Hoseok said as he weighed the machine gun on his hand, gathering enough grenades to blow the whole city down.

"Jungkook, come here and get your weapon." V turned to the silent one and after a few seconds, he moved and blankly stared at the different killing materials before him.

Jimin latched his arm on Jungkook's shoulder and smiled, "What's it gonna be for Kookie?"

Jungkook picked up an M240 and the slung a katana behind his back then with the same emotionless face, he covered his face with a bunny mask. The blood stained mask had big, round eyes, a smiling face with a thin crack on the surface. It told the story every person he killed before, making him famous as the Crazy Rabbit.

 It told the story every person he killed before, making him famous as the Crazy Rabbit

"You're bringing a sword?" Jimin asked, disagreeing with Jungkook's choice.

"Jungkook always liked close combat fights."  The old man said. That's what they call the leader ㅡ Min Yoongi. "Oh and driving the van tonight. You guys walk."

A sharp tone came from the television as a red screen appeared along with the government's logo. The broadcast has started and outside, the loud sirens began to warn everyone of the beginning of the annual purge. A night wherein all heinous crimes are allowed until the sun rises.

"Alright guys, let's go all kill tonight." Namjoon placed his hand in front as the others gathered in a circle beside him and then they started to chant, "bangtan bangtan bang bangtan"

" Namjoon placed his hand in front as the others gathered in a circle beside him and then they started to chant, "bangtan bangtan bang bangtan"

Yoongi lips turned up into a smile as they all walked out into the dark, silent streets, "Do your job boys and don't forget to have fun."