iv. it's my party!

87% completed...

Two men stared intently at my ancient PC screen as it very slowly blinked to completion. Short, stubby fingers start to drum against the desk. I guess he's not a patient one. A low grumble came from the raven haired man when he got tired of staring at the harmful bluish, bright light of the computer's screen, "Can't this thing go any faster?"

94% completed...

"Sit your ass down and wait, Jimin." The other man replied with a slightly annoyed voice.

Have they forgotten that I'm here? Maybe I should kill them while they're preoccupied. Who knows if they'll stick to their word anyway. My pulse is bounding and I can feel it in my fingers as I reposition my index finger in front of the trigger. Very slowly, I raise my armed hand, eyes trained on two unsuspecting strangers. I kept my breathing slow and as silent as possible as I prayed for them not to turn their heads when one of them slammed their hand on the desk and made me drop my gun. They both whipped around and saw me frozen in my spot, eyes wide.

I looked at the gun just beside my feet before scrambling down to pick the gun up but the black haired guy was faster than me. He stepped on my hand as I held onto the gun. "Not so fast.. Were you going to shoot us?"

"No." I winced in pain, my fingers were getting crushed under his foot. "I swear I wasn't going to. I was just startled."

"What should we do with her, Tae?" The black haired guy named Jimin, as I've learned from the other guy, removed his eyes on me and turned to his companion.

"Leave her. We're done here." This Taehyung guy responded as plucks the device from where it was plugged on my computer and restarted it. The device was like a smartphone but has an odd shape. He fumbled around with it and then turned to the other guy. "I just pinned our location. Yoongi hyung will find us in no time. Put on your earpiece."

"Can anyone hear us?" The black haired guy spoke, pressing on the device in his ear. "Yoongi, are you deaf?"

"I can hear you loud and clear, you dumbfuck. And who are you calling Yoongi?"

"Yeah, we're connected now." Jimin told Taehyung while I stayed still on the ground. He lifted his foot from my hand and watched me stand, cradling my reddened hand, "Don't even think about it. We're more skilled than you."

"They're now headed this way so we should stay here until they come for us." Taehyung said and I just stared at them while they looked out of the windows carefully. "I see a van parked out there. There must be someone in there."

"They're a group of purgers. I saw them earlier chasing down someone." I spoke up and they both turned their heads towards me. "They're looking for victims."

"How many are there in the group?" Taehyung turned to me immediately.

"Maybe.. five or six." I replied, counting them in my head. "I'm not so sure. Maybe there's more."

"Well, we're fucked then." The Jimin commented and then removed his black jacket, revealing a whole holster decorated with mini handguns and ammos. "I might run out of ammunition out there and I hate using knives."

"I'm quite good with hand to hand combats. Give me the knife," Taehyung single handedly caught the small weapon by its hilt. He swung it around skillfully, "I haven't used this in awhile but I think it'll do."