☠°iv°☠

© Chremorocks 2017

----------------------------------------------------------+ + +

iv

'What the heck are you!' I asked again.

Valen moved closer to me and held me but I threw his hands off. 'What do you mean what am I?' He said with an awkward laugh, 'I'm a regular guy with a taste for fun.'

Or a taste for human, I thought.

'A regular guy? With glowing eyes? No I don't think so.'

He looked at me for a moment and then he began laughing. 'Hey, hey Bebe, calm your ass down. They're just glow in the dark contacts.' He said. 'Don't piss out of fear.'

I gave him a skeptical look. Not quite sure whether to believe him or not. 'If you noticed it glowed when the stage lights were dimmed,  right?' He said and I nodded slowly. 'I had them put off the lights to freak you out in case you chose not to kiss me.'

He was cracking up, laughing hard, but I so wasn't getting the joke. 'It's not funny,' I said still not sure whether to believe him or not. 'You scared me.'

He ran his hand through his dark hair and put up a remorseful expression. 'I'm sorry.' He said.

I wanted nothing more than to believe him, but I still had this unsettling feeling in my gut. After what I witnessed in the toilet. I was sure I'd live with the trauma and I'd surely find it hard to believe anything strange no matter how explainable it seemed.

'But where-'

I was interrupted by a crash at the end of the room. I saw a black jeep had crashed through the wall, creating a big dent and grasping the attention of every single person in there.

The door of the of the vehicle was opened dramatically. A dark skinned man got out of the car, his mouth moving as he chewed on something. Slowly with his eyes scanning everyone within a close range. He cracked an unsettling smile and blew his gum. After making a pop sound, he chuckled and threw his hands up.

'Sorry to be a killsport,' He said, his voice familiar.

I felt my heart suddenly stop and goosebumps formed on my body as he spoke again.

'But the party's over folks,' he said smoothly but a grave tone hung on his voice. I recognized him. He was the killer from the toilet.

The crowd slowly backed away as he took arrogant steps forward. It was as if they feared him. I did too. After all, I had witnessed him kill earlier on. 

'What do you want, Azazel ?' Raphael asked, walking steadily to meet him,  a frown on his face.

Azazel laughed out loud, without any trace of humor known to me. He suddenly stopped his laughter and wore a serious expression almost immediately . 'I came to see that asshole nephew of yours.' He said, 'He has something belonging to me'

My attention was drawn to my arm and then to Valen as I saw him tugging at my hand and signaling me to follow him. I did follow him but then halted a few steps after. I was hesitant. My following him the first time had been a mistake as I thought of it then. Repeating the mistake would possibly bring more harm. 'No!'

He frowned and hit his palm on his forehead. 'Now is not the time for this, come on!'

'No! I don't even know if you're sane or human, so how would I know you're not trying to kill me.'

'You don't have to worry about me killing you, worry about them.' He said pointing, but to no one in particular. For a second I thought he was motioning everyone in the room. 'You'll serve a worse fate than death if they see you.'