Chapter 3

After school , Alaska went to the supermarket and got some eggs , milk and cereal for the kids with the money Mike just gave her and then she headed back home .

William was already at home when Alaska arrived as she could hear Lilly's sobs from the front door . Their house wasn't big enough they had two rooms , their mom accommodated one and Lilly and Alaska got the other one . The attic was turned into a third room for the boys to sleep there .

Lilly was in the living room crying loudly and mumbling something about the TV. Oliver was sitting there watching TV and William was cooking . William cooks delicious food although he's just 12 but that helps Alaska a lot as she could do another task at home.

"Alaska look at Oli he is not giving me the remote control!" Cried Lilly from the living room .

"Lilly go get a shower before dinner please i'll hand you the remote control later on ," Alaska replied putting her hands on her hips , "Oliver , you too go get a shower and kids i will go upstairs to check on your rooms make sure you have done your bed or else you will get punished with late dinner !"

Oliver stood up , rolled his eyes and dragged himself upstairs.

"Hey Alaska is mom coming for dinner ?" William asked .

We both know mom comes after midnight drunk and she never is here for dinner. But William always asks this question hoping that one day my answer would be yes.

I shook my head and tied my hair into a ponytail and went upstairs to change my clothes .

I took the basket full of dirty stinky clothes to the laundry room and started washing them with my hands . We used to have a washing machine but that was when dad was here and the money was available. Now we couldn't buy a new washing machine as the other one broke down.

I spent an hour washing all the dirty clothes and then headed upstairs where Lilly and Oliver were watching a show .

Oliver turned facing Alaska and said "Alaska, i need a new sports shoes mine got smaller and its messed up."

Alaska looked at Oliver for a few seconds figuring out a reply " Oli i'll buy you new shoes just not now give me few days as i'm busy i do not have any time to go to the mall"

"Well, give me the money i will go and buy myself " he demanded .

" Oli i told you I'm going to buy you and plus you aren't allowed to go by yourself now go do your homeworks and lilly get me your homework lets do it ." Alaska replied.