Chapter 6

"William i will go to the gift shop to get Lilly a gift for her birthday tomorrow. can you please go to the grocery store to get us birthday cake ingredients?" Alaska asked William who just woke up .
"Whats wrong with your face ?" William questioned Alaska looking at her scars .

"Oh um nothing don't worry i was in the back yard yesterday night and a cat out of nowhere scratched my face ." Alaska responded quickly.

William looked at Alaska for a while and then he asked," are you sure ?"

"Yes," replied Alaska quietly.

"Ok. Just today you do breakfast I'm tired my whole body aches me." William replied with a yawn .

Alaska did some pancakes for the kids but she couldn't make enough of the pancakes for everyone so she excluded herself from breakfast .

"Thats what mothers do don't they ? Feed their kids and forget about themselves . I deserve to be a kid just like my siblings but life is so unfair to me " Alaska wondered.

Alaska headed back to her room and took her school bag to get mike's new assignments out . her hand landed on the pills that she always carried around with her but never ever had the courage to swallow them.

"Why can't i swallow them ? Maybe I'm too afraid to do so or maybe i have 1% hope that one day life will get better. Im not sure which one is the actual reason ," Alaska thought.

Alaska was snapped out of her thoughts by Lilly's voice ," can you play with me please ? "

"Cutie pie i have homework to work on I'm sorry." Alaska replied .

Alaska went to the gift shop for Lilly's 6th birthday and she completely forgot about the essays she needed to work on for mike who gave her 30 dollars .

Alaska's eyes directly fell on the silver heart necklace, that her sister always wanted , once she entered the shop.

"Excuse me ma'am, how much is this heart shaped necklace?" Alaska asked the shopkeeper.

"30 dollars dear"

Alaska only had 40 dollars. She wanted to buy her brother some sports shoes and her sister a birthday gift with them .

" what do i do ? Lilly wants this necklace and she'll be so happy but Oliver will get angry at me. Oh god what do i do ?!" Alaska wondered.

Alaska bought the necklace that Lilly always wished for because its her birthday by the end of the day .

William already bought all the ingredients for the cake and Alaska took Lilly to the neighbors house so that they could prepare her surprise party.

"Oliver hang this on the living room's door " Alaska ordered.

Oliver looked at the decorations that they owned for 5 years and used every birthday or celebration they had and shook his head ," don't we have decorations other than those ? "

"No Oliver now go hang them up just like your sister said ," responded William .

Oliver looked at Alaska and said "If we don't then why don't you buy new ones . this is so ugly and used ."

Alaska was about to reply when William cut her off and with a sharp tone ," Oliver go hang the decorations up ".

William is 12 years but her acts as an 18 year old guy . He is very independent and has a strong personality as he tries to act like a father to them . As for Oliver , well, he is very stubborn and a little annoying sometimes as he never ever helps in work and tasks at home although he is turning 8 soon so he can at least do the tiding of rooms. But Oliver wants to live like a filthy rich kid who gets everything done by someone else . The thing is that he is filthy rich so needs to get used to living this ugly life of his because thats the only solution to live his life happily.

" i was talking to my sister not you so don't order me around," Oliver rolled his eyes .

William glared at Oliver and scowled at him . Oliver got scared from his expression and his glare so se slowly left the kitchen to hang the decorations.