Chapter 2

The italic text is all in Alaska's thoughts just to make things clear .
***********************************

Alaska was always by her own. She never had friends apart from her imaginary friend when she was 4 years old . At school she would feel invisible, no one looks at her and no one talks to her not even the teachers.

In classes Alaska always sits on the last chair in the corner of the room and avoids to look at people in the eye because she is afraid from eye contact. Not quite afraid but maybe she feels anxious about talking to people and looking them in the eyes.

At lunch in school she goes to the bathroom in the east corridor ,where arts classes are conducted, as nobody uses it. She sits there and takes out her notebook and her favorite pink pen ,that her mom and dad bought her on her 7th birthday , and starts writing all her feelings and thoughts.

"Why do people ignore me at school ? Am i a monster ? Why don't i have real friends ? Why don't i have a perfect life like all those people do ? Why am i not living like a normal teenager ? Why am i living miserably in this world ? Why why why..
i have many questions in my mind but i wouldn't find any answers to them .
I want to talk to someone i want someone to help me but I can't trust anyone not after what happened to me last year.
What if i took those pills in my bag ? What would happen to my siblings ? They would not have someone to look after them.
Im not that important anyways . I don't even have a purpose of living here in this shitty world. Im depressed, I'm alone, i'll end up just like how my mom did. A drunk reckless woman. I'm desperately in need of a friend to help me and to give me a hand and pull me out of this dark hole i fell into before its too late. But no one seems to understand ."

Alaska closed her book when the bell rang and shoved it inside her backpack . She headed to her class but Mike , the school's best football player and the most famous guy at school, stopped her and handed her a paper with a 20 dollar bill
" i want this assignment done tomorrow " he ordered and walked away .

Alaska stared at the paper he gave her for a moment and then at his figure walking away from her then stashed the money in her pocket and went back to the bathroom that she was in to complete Mike's assignment.