21: Awoken

Her eyes opened... She sits up on a bed she was unfamiliar with. But that wasn't unfamiliar. She had been used to waking up to unfamiliar places due to her weird need to sleep after activating her ability. She got off the bed and opened the door. She walked into the hallway...

She realised it was a rather traditional Japanese home with tatami mats laid everywhere. She ventured down the hallway and she passed by a room that had a plaque. She walked into the room. .... She read the plaque....

Yarato fuyu

She sighed knowing where she was now. She turned around to see something familiar. A yukata her sensei used to wear. It was being hung up on the rack. She went over to touch the yukata. She sighed again.

She started down the hallway again... She found a door. An exit out. She heads towards it. She pressess down on the handle...

" Amaiko. "

She stopped and turned her head around " oh. Rin. "

Rin: going out barefooted?

Amaiko: how long have I been sleeping?

Rin: about a day.

Amaiko: you kidnapped me?

Rin: you're angry?

She turned fully to face him now " not really. I'm kind of... Used to it..."

Rin: your friend yosano is here too.

Amaiko: aki-chan... You shouldn't have done that. I don't need to be accompanied. Return her.

Rin: you sound angry. Alright. I'll return her.

She sighed and sat on the step " Rin." He sat down beside her " hm ?"

Amaiko: why do you like me? Even to go such extends...

Rin: I love you.

She laughed a little " love... "

Rin: why? Dazai never told you that?

She shakes her head " no. "

Rin: marry me. Amaiko. I'll treat you better than him.

Amaiko: what? I don't really know you.

Rin: no. You know me. You're just hiding it. We just don't have a close relationship.

Amaiko: why?

Rin: why what?

Amaiko: why love me? I'm... Not worth it... I'm... Sucidal.

He walked to her front and squatted down to her level " why do you love Dazai? I... Love you because ... I think you look pretty when you smile. I wished that the one who could make you happy is me."

Tears flowed involuntarily down her eyes. She didn't even realise it. He stretched his hand out to wipe it away. She let him. He cups her cheek...

Amaiko: Rin.

Rin: Hai?

Amaiko: do you think dying is happiness?

Rin: no. But can I be the other happy thing for you?

Amaiko: ...... No. You always have something to worry for. Maybe... Yaratos are like that. Sensei ... Was also like you... Trying to save me... I don't need to be saved.

Rin: amaiko...

She stood up and walked back in " I'm hungry. " He stood up " um. How about I cook something for you?"