Genesis 47:1-47:31

47 Joseph👨🏾 went and told🗣️ Pharaoh👳, “My father👴🏻 and brothers👬, with their 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫flocks🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥 and 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫herds🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥 and everything they👥 own, have come from the land🗺️ of Canaan and are now in Goshen.” 2 He chose five5️⃣ of his brothers👬 and presented them 🐝before4️⃣ Pharaoh👳.

3 Pharaoh👳 asked🗣️ the brothers👬, “What is your occupation❓”

“Your servants are shepherds,” they👥 replied🗣️ to2️⃣ Pharaoh👳, “just as our fathers👴🏻 were.” 4 They👥 also said🗣️ to2️⃣ him, “We have come to2️⃣ live here for4️⃣ a🅰️ while, 🐝because the famine is severe in Canaan and your servants’ 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫flocks🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥 have 🚫no🚫 pasture. So now, please let your servants settle🏡 in Goshen.”

5 Pharaoh👳 said🗣️ to2️⃣ Joseph👨🏾, “Your father👴🏻 and your brothers👬 have come to2️⃣ you, 6 and the land🗺️ of Egypt is 🐝before4️⃣ you; settle🏡 your father👴🏻 and your brothers👬 in the best👍👌👌 part of the land🗺️. Let them live in Goshen. And if you know🎓 of any 🅰️among them with special ability, put them in charge of my own 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫livestock🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥.”

7 Then Joseph👨🏾 brought his father Jacob👴🏻 in and presented him 🐝before4️⃣ Pharaoh👳. After Jacob👴🏻 blessed😇 Pharaoh👳, 8 Pharaoh👳 asked🗣️ him👴🏻, “How old are you❓”

9 And Jacob👴🏻 said🗣️ to2️⃣ Pharaoh👳, “The years📅 of my pilgrimage are a🅰️ hundred and thirty1️⃣3️⃣0️⃣. My years📅 have been few and difficult, and they do 🚫not🚫 equal the years📅 of the pilgrimage of my fathers👴.”10 Then Jacob👴🏻 blessed😇 Pharaoh👳 and went out from his presence.

11 So Joseph👨🏾 settled🏡 his father👴🏻 and his brothers👬 in Egypt and gave them property🏡 in the best👍👌👌 part of the land🗺️, the district of Rameses, as Pharaoh👳 directed. 12 Joseph👨🏾 also provided his father👴🏻 and his brothers👬 and all his father’s👴🏻 household🏠 with 🍉🥕🌶️🍄🥒🥜🍗🍞🥖🍟🥞🧀🌭🌮🥙🥚food🥘🍲🥗🍿🍱🍘🍛🍜🍝🍡🍦🍢🍨🍣🍩🎂🍪🍰☕🥛🍺🍬🍮🥃🍶, according to2️⃣ the number#️⃣ of their children👶👦👧.

Joseph and the Famine

13 There was 🚫no🚫 🍉🥕🌶️🍄🥒🥜🍗🍞🥖🍟🥞🧀🌭🌮🥙🥚food🥘🍲🥗🍿🍱🍘🍛🍜🍝🍡🍦🍢🍨🍣🍩🎂🍪🍰☕🥛🍺🍬🍮🥃🍶, however, in the whole region🌐 🐝because the famine was severe; both Egypt and Canaan wasted 🅰️away 🐝because of the famine. 14 Joseph👨🏾 collected all the 💲💰💶💷money💴💵💳💸 that was to2️⃣ be🐝 found in Egypt and Canaan in 💲payment💲 for4️⃣ the grain🌽 they were 💲buying💲, and he brought it to2️⃣ Pharaoh’s👳 palace🏯🏰🕌. 15 When the 💲💰💶💷money💴💵💳💸 of the people👥 of Egypt and Canaan was gone, all Egypt came to2️⃣ Joseph👨🏾 and said🗣️, “Give us 🍉🥕🌶️🍄🥒🥜🍗🍞🥖🍟🥞🧀🌭🌮🥙🥚food🥘🍲🥗🍿🍱🍘🍛🍜🍝🍡🍦🍢🍨🍣🍩🎂🍪🍰☕🥛🍺🍬🍮🥃🍶. Why should we 💀die💀, 🐝before4️⃣ your eyes👀❓ Our 💲💰💶💷money💴💵💳💸 is all gone.”

16 “Then bring your 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫livestock🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥,” said🗣️ Joseph👨🏾. “I will 💲sell💲 you 🍉🥕🌶️🍄🥒🥜🍗🍞🥖🍟🥞🧀🌭🌮🥙🥚food🥘🍲🥗🍿🍱🍘🍛🍜🍝🍡🍦🍢🍨🍣🍩🎂🍪🍰☕🥛🍺🍬🍮🥃🍶 in exchange for4️⃣ your 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫livestock🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥, since your 💲💰💶💷money💴💵💳💸 is gone.” 17 So they brought their 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫livestock🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥 to2️⃣ Joseph, and he gave them 🍉🥕🌶️🍄🥒🥜🍗🍞🥖🍟🥞🧀🌭🌮🥙🥚food🥘🍲🥗🍿🍱🍘🍛🍜🍝🍡🍦🍢🍨🍣🍩🎂🍪🍰☕🥛🍺🍬🍮🥃🍶 in exchange for4️⃣ their 🐴horses🐎, their 🐏sheep🐑 and goats🐐, their 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫 cattle🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥 and 🐴donkeys🐎. And he brought them through that year📅 with 🍉🥕🌶️🍄🥒🥜🍗🍞🥖🍟🥞🧀🌭🌮🥙🥚food🥘🍲🥗🍿🍱🍘🍛🍜🍝🍡🍦🍢🍨🍣🍩🎂🍪🍰☕🥛🍺🍬🍮🥃🍶 in exchange for4️⃣ all their 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫livestock🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥.

18 When that year📅 was over, they👥 came to2️⃣ him👨🏾 the following year📅 and said🗣️, “We 🚫cannot🚫 hide from our lord the fact that since our 💲💰💶💷money💴💵💳💸 is gone and our 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫livestock🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥 🐝belongs to2️⃣ you, there is 🚫nothing🚫 left⬅️ for4️⃣ our lord except our bodies and our land🗺️.19 Why should we perish 🐝before4️⃣ your eyes👀 ➖ we and our land🗺️ as well❓ 💲Buy💲 us👥 and our land🗺️ in exchange for4️⃣ 🍉🥕🌶️🍄🥒🥜🍗🍞🥖🍟🥞🧀🌭🌮🥙🥚food🥘🍲🥗🍿🍱🍘🍛🍜🍝🍡🍦🍢🍨🍣🍩🎂🍪🍰☕🥛🍺🍬🍮🥃🍶, and we with our land🗺️ will be🐝 in bondage to2️⃣ Pharaoh👳. Give us seed so that we may live and 🚫not🚫 💀die💀, and that the land🗺️ may 🚫not🚫 🐝become desolate.”

20 So Joseph👨🏾 bought all the land🗺️ in Egypt for4️⃣ Pharaoh👳. The Egyptians, one1️⃣ and all, 💲sold💲 their fields🏞️, 🐝because the famine was too2️⃣ severe for4️⃣ them👥. The land🗺️ 🐝became Pharaoh’s👳, 21 and Joseph👨🏾 reduced the people👥 to2️⃣ servitude, from one1️⃣ end🔚 of Egypt to2️⃣ the other. 22 However, he did 🚫not🚫 💲buy💲 the land🗺️ off the priests🤵, 🐝because they👥 received a🅰️ regular allotment from Pharaoh👳 and had 🍉🥕🌶️🍄🥒🥜🍗🍞🥖🍟🥞🧀🌭🌮🥙🥚food🥘🍲🥗🍿🍱🍘🍛🍜🍝🍡🍦🍢🍨🍣🍩🎂🍪🍰☕🥛🍺🍬🍮🥃🍶 enough from the allotment Pharaoh👳 gave them. That is why they did 🚫not🚫 💲sell💲 their land🗺️.

23 Joseph👨🏾 said🗣️ to2️⃣ the people👥, “Now that I have bought you and your land🗺️ 2️⃣today☀️ for4️⃣ Pharaoh👳, here is seed for4️⃣ you so you can plant🌱 the ground. 24 But when the crop🌽 comes in, give a🅰️ fifth5️⃣ of it to2️⃣ Pharaoh👳. The other 4️⃣four-fifths5️⃣ you may keep as seed for4️⃣ the fields🏞️ and as 🍉🥕🌶️🍄🥒🥜🍗🍞🥖🍟🥞🧀🌭🌮🥙🥚food🥘🍲🥗🍿🍱🍘🍛🍜🍝🍡🍦🍢🍨🍣🍩🎂🍪🍰☕🥛🍺🍬🍮🥃🍶 for4️⃣ yourselves and your households🏠 and your children👶👦👧.”

25 “You have saved our lives,” they👥 said🗣️. “May we find favor☺️ in the eyes👀 of our lord; we will be🐝 in bondage to2️⃣ Pharaoh👳.”

26 So Joseph👨🏾 established it as a🅰️ law concerning land🗺️ in Egypt ➖ still in force 2️⃣today☀️ ➖ that a🅰️ fifth5️⃣ of the produce 🐝belongs to2️⃣ Pharaoh👳. It was only the land🗺️ of the priests🤵 that did ❌not❌ 🐝become Pharaoh’s👳.

27 Now the Israelites👴🏻 settled in Egypt in the region🌐 of Goshen. They acquired property🏡 there and were 🍇🍈🍉🍊🍋🍌🍍fruitful🍎🍏🍐🍑🍒🍓🥝 and increased⬆️ greatly in numbe#️⃣r.

28 Jacob👴🏻 lived in Egypt seventeen1️⃣7️⃣ years📅, and the years📅 of his life were a🅰️ hundred and forty-seven1️⃣4️⃣7️⃣. 29 When the ⌚⏰⏱️time⏲️🕰️🕛 drew near for4️⃣ Israel👴🏻 to2️⃣ 💀die💀, he called📞 for4️⃣ his son Joseph👨🏾 and said🗣️ to2️⃣ him, “If I have found favor☺️ in your eyes👀, put your hand🤚 under⬇️ my thigh and promise that you will show me kindness🤗 and faithfulness. Do ❌not❌ ⛏️bury⛏️ me in Egypt, 30 but when I rest💤 with my fathers👴, carry me out of Egypt and ⛏️bury⛏️ me where they are ⛏️buried⛏️.”

“I will do as you say,” he👨🏾 said🗣️.

31 “Swear🗣️ to2️⃣ me,” he said🗣️. Then Joseph👨🏾 swore🗣️ to2️⃣ him, and Israel👴🏻 worshiped🙏 as he leaned on the top🔝 of his staff🏑🏒.