Prologue

Long ago, there were tales of a sorceress known as Maleficent. Several rumors were spread throughout the land of who the great Maleficent was. I believe her most famous tale was the curse on Princess Aurora. Perhaps it's because the beloved, innocent princess didn't deserve a curse so cruel, or maybe it's because after it was broken, that was the last time anyone ever saw Maleficent.

Now of course, you have your silly little rumors that the king claimed his victory in killing the sorceress that killed his daughter, then there's also the rumors that she killed herself, or there's some that she died of old age.

I know what you must be thinking.

Which one could possibly be the truth!?

Fear not, because I'm here to tell you the real reason why no one has seen her since that dreadful curse. In fact, I'm the sole reason why she has been in solitude for years.

Now that nearly all of you must be confused, let me introduce myself.

My name is Lilith, and I'm the daughter of Maleficent.

You see, no one had any knowledge, but just before her greatest curse, my mother became pregnant. I mean, it's not that much of a surprise. Talk about hormonal.

My mother wished the very best for me, so she went into hiding after the great curse. She didn't want her daughter to see her as the wicked sorceress that the kingdom saw her as. To protect me from those who may have wanted to seek out revenge, we hid away in a castle that had been abandoned for years and surrounded by a cloaking spell.

For the past 19 years, we have lived peacefully in our own little estate. At least we did.. until today.