The Movies

When Inuyasha woke up he looked over at the clock by his bed and saw that it was 11:20. At first, he panicked because he thought that he was late for school. Then he remembered that it was Saturday and didn't have to be anywhere.

He was about to go back to sleep for another 30 minutes, but Shippo walked into his room and pushed him off of the bed.

"You can't just sleep in and let a minor take care of himself. Now get me some food!"

"We have cereal, just make that."

"Fine, but I want eggs tomorrow."

Just as Inuyasha was about to get up, the phone rang.

He picked up the phone, wondering who was calling him, since only the school knew his phone number.

"Who are you?"

"It's Miroku. I wanted to see if you wanted to go see a movie with me and the girls."

"Forget the movie! How did you get my number?"

"From the principle, it was easy to convince him to tell me your phone number."

"Great. Well, whatever. Listen, I would love to go, but I have to care of my little brother."

"No problem, just bring him along."

"Fine, now where should I meet you?"

"Don't worry about it; I got the principle to tell me your address. Oh, and the movie's at 5:00, so make sure you're ready."

After hanging up, Inuyasha went into the kitchen and told Shippo about Miroku's invitation. Shippo's only response was to say, "Well, today won't be too boring, I guess."

later that day, 4:53

When the doorbell rang, Inuyasha expected to go out and see Miroku driving a car with Sango and Kagome in the back seats, but instead, he saw them standing outside with no form of transportation except for their legs.

"Hey Miroku, I was under the impression that we would be driving to the movies."

"When did I ever say that I had a car?"

"You win this round, Miroku. How far is the movie theater, anyway?"

"It's right across the street, stupid. Seriously, I know you just moved in, but how do you not notice a giant movie theater, especially when it's staring you in the face when you walk out the door?"

Inuyasha couldn't answer that. The truth was that Inuyasha was so used to sneaking around that he had been leaving the apartment using the fire escape.

Thankfully, Miroku didn't seem interested in his excuse. He started talking about how excited he was to see The Green Lantern, and how much he liked watching comic book movies.

Inuyasha had been drifting back from Miroku and Sango from the moment that they had started walking; you didn't need to be a half-demon to see how much Miroku wanted Sango. In fact, Inuyasha was almost 100% that he and Kagome were just there in order to put Sango at ease.

"Hey Kagome, you do know the real reason why we're here, right?"

"Yeah, well who cares, anything to get them together. They've liked each other for a couple years now; Miroku's just bad with acting romantic. Last time they went on a date, Miroku ended up with a broken arm."

"Why does he act like that?"

"Who knows, I think he just gets nervous. Though why that turns into groping, I don't think even he knows."

"Do you even want to see this movie?"

"Yeah, I do. Plus, Miroku's paying, why would I turn down a free movie?"

"Because you don't like the movie. Or because you have something else to do."

The conversation was suddenly cut off by Sango, who told them that if they were late to the movie, even by a second, she would personally make sure that they were sent to the hospital.

That was when Inuyasha noticed that while they had been talking, Miroku had bought the tickets and bought some snacks. Also, somehow he hadn't noticed that Shippo had found a great sitting spot on his head.

"You know, you can't sit there during the movie."

"Whatever." And with that, Shippo clambered down from Inuyasha's head and, to Kagome's shock, sniffed her!

"I can smell you on her, "bro", you know it won't end well, right?"

Inuyasha ignored that, hoping that Shippo would forget once the movie started.

Thankfully, when they got to their seats, the trailers were just ending. It was time to watch his first movie since he had lived in Sango's village!

a couple hours later

The movie was really good, and Miroku had actually managed to act like a normal person throughout the entire movie.

Inuyasha had completely forgotten about Shippo's comment from earlier until he walked over and asked, "So you really like her don't you?"

"What's it to ya, scrimp?"

"Well, she doesn't know that you're a half-demon. And even if she doesn't care about that, there's still the problem that you're on the run."

"I know, but I do have one other reason for staying close to her."

"What is it?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

But Kagome answered Shippo's question by running into the bathroom and throwing up. At least, it sounded like that to the guys.

"What's with Kagome?" Miroku asked.

"I don't know, she says it's a bad stomach virus, but she won't see a doctor."

Miroku may have believed that story, (I'm sure of it, Parallax looked kind of like Cubia from .Hack. I'm serious, stop laughing.) but Inuyasha knew what it meant. And that was bad.

Inuyasha said bye to the others, walked Shippo back to their apartment, went to his room, and collapsed under the weight of his own guilt for doing that to such a sweet girl.