Chapter - 1

"Talking"

'thinking'

"Kurama talking"

'Kurama thinking'

3rd person's pov(point of view)

The village Hidden in the leaves was getting ready to enjoy the Kyubi festival that evening. The streets were beautifully decorated and the stalls were decked with games, sweets, snacks and other items. The kids dressed in cute little kimonos and yukatas were dragging their parents towards the gaming stalls while their parent laughed at their antics while following them. Overall the villagers was happily enjoying the festival thanking their Yondaime hokage for defeating the kyubi no kitsune and protecting them from its wrath and destruction.

Like every other village this village too had a dark side that not many of them know. Amidst all this happiness there was a lonely little boy with blonde hair, cerulean blue eyes and three whisker marks on each cheek no more than 4 years curled up on a worn out futon trying his hardest to soothe the searing pain in his feet. If one looks close enough you can find two angry red blotches on each of the kid's feet. He was softly whimpering and sniffling trying not to make any sound while he cried.

While this was happening on the outside a fox was desperately trying to break a set of seals (yes seals in plural.The civilian council with the help of Danzo placed a set of seals to slowly absorb the kyuubi's enormous chakra into it thus preventing the fox's chakra from helping the kid like the original seal was supposed to do without the knowledge of the Hokage or the shinobi council) to help his container.

Kurama widely known as kyuubi no kitsune or kyuubi no yokou was meticulously extracting the last of his chakra from the seal set and finally it was starting to break. It was a long process and he had been doing it since the kid was a 3 year old when he actually found that his chakra was depleting with him using it or being channelled into his container seal(Seal was placed when the kid was about 2 years old).  That was what had caught his attention in the first place and now he was glad he found it.

'Finally!'  Kurama thought as he pulled the kit into his mindscape after thoroughly destroying the seal and the foul chakra remnant from the seal set along with it.

'Huh? My feet don't hurt anymore! But where am I? I was on my bed how did I end up in a sewer?' the little kit thought not knowing that the other being who was with him can hear what he is thinking. 

Kurama's pov

"Hey kit! Turn around"  said. The kit was startled to hear my voice but turned around all the same anyways and his eyes widened in exci- Wait What?. The kit is excited ? Before I could ask anything he ran inside the cage and jumped on one of my tails. I froze.

"Wow Mr.Fox you are huge and fluffy!!" the little tyke exclaimed while giggling and hugging one of my tails. I just smiled at him.

'He is not scared of me?' I thought as I thanked Kami - sama.

"Hey kit do you know who I am?" I asked him as I lifted the tail with him to my eye level to properly look at him. He just tilted his head as he concentrated.

'He looks so cuuuuuttteeee. I just wanna grab and cuddle with him' I thought while I waited for his answer. (Yes it is the same kyuubi that attaked Konohagakure a.k.a village hidden in the leaves. He just has a weakspot for kids especially adorable ones ).

"Ummm.... Are you the Kyuubi that attacked this village?" he asked hesitating a bit.

"Yup, you guessed right kit" I said as I patted him with one of my tails. The kit looked happy.