Chapter 4

3rd person's pov

The Hokage finished his story along with Teuchi-san telling him how his mother would literally inhale bowls of ramen while his father would try to pull her away from the stand. Naruto was shocked when they told them how his mother would prank the village. Even though the Hokage knew that it was his mother who was pranking, he nor the ANBU he sent to watch over her could catch her in the act. Finally after hours of begging and promising to get her ramen they got her to spill the secret. She had used fuinjutsu in almost all of her pranks. The seals would activate when the chakra of the target is sensed.

Little Naru was laughing so much that his stomach was hurting him. Then he got a mischievous glint that mad the old man and Teuchi-san to pale as this was the same look Kushina would have when she is planning one of her pranks.

Naruto's pov

My mom was a prankster that even jiji couldn't stop. Wow mom was awesome. Wish they had been alive. I wonder what would happen to jiji if I too started to pull pranks. I looked up and saw them gulp and turn pale as they saw my face. Hmm I'll think about that later. 

"Jiji by fuinjutsu did you mean the squiggly things on a paper that was on Kurama-san's cage?" I asked intrigued by them since the first time I saw them.

"Yes it is Naruto. Do you understand them?" he asked me back relieved. I don't know why though.

I looked down embarrassed and said in a small voice "Umm no. I don't know how to read or write jiji". I did not look up I was afraid to see the disappointment in his face.

"Naru-chan look at me" Jiji said kindly but sternly at the said time. I looked up and saw barely concealed anger in his eyes. I felt a shiver run up my spine, I was afraid but didn't look down.

"Who teaches the other kids at the orphanage? " he asked me. And I replied with teacher's name. He signalled something to the hidden person and their presence vanished.

"Don't worry jiji Kurama-san told me he'll help me with my studies. He can't come out in front of the other kids so he asked me to come to you to get your permission to stay at tou-san's clan compound. Can you give you me permission to do so jiji? Please." I asked him.

"Naru-chan I can't possibly allow a four year old to live alone-" he was cut off by as ANBU appearing with a report. While he was conversing with the masked nin I had a conversation with Kurama-san.

'Kurama-san what should we do? If we can't go to the clan compound then I can't start learning then I won't get strong as tou chan or kaa chan-' Kurama-san cut me off before I could finish.

"Kit relax, breathe. In, out, in out. I'll talk with him about the compound don't worry your little head about it, okay?" Kurama-san said consoling me. I didn't realise that my breathing was erratic till Kurama-san told me to breathe in and out.

'Okay. Thank you Kura-nii' I said and froze. Kura-nii looked kinda surprised but then he gave a goofy grin.

"Anything for you Naru chan~" he said in a sing song voice and I blushed in embarrassment at the name I had given him.

"Kit let  me talk to him. Why don't you take a nap I'll wake you up when I'm finished?"  Kura-nii said and let him take over while I went inside the cage and got comfy on his tails.

Kurama's pov

I was a bit angry at the old man. So I was glaring holes at him while he was talking with the ANBU. After a few minutes he turned to me. He tensed a bit when he saw that it was me.