This Means War

Jongin's POV

"Oh my gosh. I think I'm ......I think I'm fainting"

My mom said she she grabs her chest and almost dropped to the floor. Dad and I lifted her up as our eyes remained glued across the street.

"Wow....their-"

"Good!" Omma yelled.

"Wait a second what time is it?" I asked.

Appa checked his watch and his eyes became big.

"It's almost eight o'clock! We have to dress, people will be here any minute"

He said. And from that point on we all raced around the house in search of some of our most festive gear. And threw it on quickly.

And luckily we made it in time. So when eight o'clock hit. My family and I were standing outside waiting to greet our supporters.

And just like it is every year. People walking their dogs and holding their children all gathered in front of our house.

My omma and appa walked to greet the people they knew and welcome others.
When my eyes caught the worst.

I spotted an old woman turning her head to look across the street. Before she tapped one of her friends to look with her.

This frenzy went on with many people and before I knew it. Some of the crowd made its way to the other house.

I could see the terrified look on my moms face.

As my dad looked in absolute disbelief.

The Kim family had on relaxed attire as they came to greet the few people that took interest in them.

My mom came up to me as she continued to smile at the crowd. But when they weren't looking, she talked through gritted teeth.

"We need to stop them"

"But how?" I asked.

"Just follow my lead" she said hooking her arm with me and walking down our sidewalk.

Omma linked arms with dad as she walked across the street. When the Kim family noticed and met us halfway. And just like earlier today we stood in the middle of the street.

But this time under very different circumstances.

"Wow Jisoo your lights look lovely" my mother complimented falsely.

"I could say the same to you. Your lights are almost as good as ours" she said and my mom wore a tight smile.

Oh god this can't be good.

"I'm sorry... did you say almost?" She asked.

"Ne, you see. My family held the title for The Winning Christmas Home in Busan. And for the last three years we haven't been beat. So of course we plan on winning again no matter where we are" she says. And my mom chuckled condescendingly.

"Well if you must know. My family and I have held the title for the Best Holiday House for the past five years. And don't plan on stopping now" my omma said.

They stared at each other in silence. As the tension between us grew thicker.

Which overpowered any good feeling I had about them a few hours ago.

A by stander noticed the conversation and smiled as he patted both my and Dahyun's mom on the back.

"It's great to see friendly competition isn't it" he says.

We all smile and agree with the old man. Before he walked away and began to mingle again.

Our moms then went back to looking at each other before Madame Kim spoke up.

"Well. It seems like there might be a change in plans for you this year" she says and my mom laughs.

"I guess I could say the same for you my dear"

"Very well. We shall see"

"Yes. We. Shall"

My mom huffed crossing her arms.
I looked at Dahyun and she was glaring at me along with her younger brother. And I frowned in return.

"Come on guys. Let's get back to the crowd. Their waiting" my mom says as she ushers us away from them.

"Same here!"

Dahyun's mom yells as she pushes her kids away from the street. A little too roughly for her sons liking.

And on the walk back my mom whispered the very words that would start something terrible.

"This means war"

-
Dahyun's POV

DECEMBER 3rd

I lay on the couch as my favorite drama played on the tv.

Finally I can relax.

No more moving stress, everything is finally settled.

I thought as I sipped my coffee and pulled my blanket higher on my body. Before I sigh, feeling complete bliss.

But that ended quickly when the front door busted open violently. Making me jump and spill my coffee on my shirt.

I then stood up and pulled the hot fabric from my skin as I groaned.

I spoke way too soon.

"Dahyun-ah come here!" My mom called.

I rolled my eyes and walked up to the front door. Just see my mom carrying loads of bags with different ornaments and decorations in it.

"Could you help your father. I think he needs assistance" she says walking out of the doorway. Which revealed my dad swaying back and forth. While he held a stack of boxes.

I quickly helped him into the house safely. Before following my mom into the garage.

"What's going on? What is all this?"

"This is the very things that will win us the title. The Kim's are good but we're better. I can just see it now. The new Kim family takes the title and wins the competition" she says.

And I look at her as if she's crazy.

"Mom don't you think your going a bit overboard?"

"No I don't. Dahyun your all for this time of year. I honestly thought you would support me on this."

She says turning away from me and directing her attention elsewhere. While I sighed.
I love my mom and want her to know that I will support her in anything. So I guess I have no choice but to go along with her in this crazy plan.

"Alright omma. What do you need help with" I asked.

She then turns around and smiles at me.

"I knew you'd make the right decision"