Waking

Part 2 of Dropped.

----

"Hey, I think he's coming to"

"I don't think so Thomas-"

"Let me try, Virgil? Kiddo, can you hear me?"

No response.

"I'll take that as a no Padre, the Edge lord's out cold"

"Roman's right, the fluttering of his eye-lids was likely a stress induced muscle reaction-"

"Is he dreaming?"

"Well he's unconscious not asleep Thomas, so I don't believe that's possible but studies show that it has been known to happen, usually with fevers- Patton does he have a high temperature?"

"Uh, no but his forehead is pretty sweaty-"

Everyone stopped and stared when the Teacher was cut off.

"Check his pulse to see if it's racing and how white are his bottom eyelids? It could be dehydration-what? Why is everyone looking at me like that? I go on trecherous quests all the time, I know what dehydration looks like. I know the symptoms and causes - speaking of, Logan take of his hoodie, I doubt Hot Topic needs to get any warmer than he is already"

They all blinked at the Royal but Patton was the first to snap out of it.
"He has a point-"

"A fair one at that-"

"Uh, so, what should I do?"

"Set up some water in the freezer for a bit, ice water helps a lot, oh and get a fan from your room Thomas, that should work"

"Yeah, ok on it"

----

Thomas brought the fan down and the other sides made sure to keep it on the younger's face, while he was closing the curtains.

Logan saw what he was doing and his curiosity got the better of him, "why are you-?"

"He doesn't like much light remember?"

"Of course"

"How long do you think it will take for him to wake up?"

"I'm not sure Thomas, for now it looks like we're playing the waiting game"

-----

"Is he ok?"

"I dunno Joan, he kind of just hunched over covering his ears and the next thing I know he's unconscious in my arms"

"Hmm, hey Tal, thinking what I'm thinking?"

Talyn paused for a second before glancing at their datemate.
"Overload?"

"Yeah, exactly-"

"Wait what? What's that?"

"It's a Sensory overload, it happens a lot to people with anxiety"

"Yeah", piped Talyn,"haven't you ever had a time where you walked into a room and everything was too loud and too bright?"

"Uh yeah, but I thought those were the migraines"

"It can give you a migraine but it usually gets much worse", continued Joan,"and for him to pass out like that...means it was really bad"

Thomas blinked, looking worriedly at his youngest manifestation unconscious on the couch, poor guy. He should have noticed it sooner, the way he sunk in on himself more than usual how he didn't speak anything more than his lines, he didn't even adlib his usual witty snark at Roman. Really that should have been the first sign, Virgil never missed an opportunity to 'insult' the Prince.