The rest of your life

Every day since you broke up with your boyfriend, your life has been different. A good different. Every day before and after school, your "new boyfriend" has met you, hugged you, and kissed you. You always went on dates every afternoon, got coffee, walked through parks, held hands, and shared love. Your little hedgie has been so sweet and cute to you now. You snuggled on his chest fur at night, he would bring you flowers, and sometimes even do things your ex has never done. One night, you and Venice spent another night at your house. Venice looked out the window, and didn't say anything. You looked at him. "What's wrong, Venice?" You asked. "I never felt like this before," he said. "What do you mean?" You asked. "When I saved you from your boyfriend, I felt something inside I have never felt before," he explained. "What is that?" You asked. "I feel...I protected you. Like...I can protect you from anyone who tries to steal you away from me. And believe me...I will never ever cheat on you." "I know you won't," you said. "I feel...heroic," he said. You smiled, walked to him, and snuggled on his chest fur. "You are my hero, Venice," you said. "You rescued me from my the worst thing that came into my life. Without you, I would've killed myself. But instead...it was you as the cure to my problems all along." Both you and Venice smiled and tears streamed down both your cheeks. You both wiped them, and closed your eyes slowly. "I love you, __________," he said. "I love you too , Venice," you smiled. And then, you both went to sleep.