~Four~

I bit my lip and squeezed my eyes shut, readying myself for the worst, but nothing came barreling towards my face at an impossibly high velocity like I'd expected.

Instead, there came a futuristic blasting noise like something out of a video game.

I opened my eyes in shock to see a tall woman in a black jumpsuit and a man in a black trench coat and wearing a reflective black eyepiece, like one of those virtual reality machines.

The lady had a blaster raised, and she and the man were standing in a pile of rubble from the hole in the wall they'd made.

"Hand over the human," the man said in a voice that sounded as if his throat had an autotune filter that was constantly on.

"T3chi35!" Lacey snarled, pronouncing it like 'techies'.

"Bears," the girl snarled back. Her voice wasn't autotuned like her comerade's.

I was still stuck to the wall, and my chest was getting tight.

"We're not giving it to you," one of the bears snapped, the invisible hold on me tightening.

"Him," I corrected, taking up almost all of my breath.

"Bl435," the girl cried, pronouncing it 'Blaze'. "He's passing out. Quickly."

My head began throbbing, and I could feel my back sliding down the wall despite the invisible force on my chest. My eyesight began to cloud over.

I could just barely make out the man swinging a punch at one of the bears, and then the world went black.